1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

What Muppets were you scared of as a Kid?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by baby sinclair, Oct 5, 2002.

1. baby sinclair

baby sinclair New Member

Was anyone scared of any particular muppet as a kid.When i was five i was scared of BigBird, Junior gorg,and dinosaurs. I would love to see what people used to be scared of muppets.

2. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Definately Animal!

3. Salmoto

Salmoto New Member

He's not technically a muppet, but I didn't like Hoggle from "The Labyrinth" He just creeps me out.

4. mattyboy

mattyboy New Member

I used to go out of the room when statler and waldorf said their final thought of every Muppet Show. It's probably cos they looked scary and use to either hit each other or chuck each other out of the balcony. I remember on the Marisa Berenson episode when they chuck Kermit out of the box at the end of the episode and I cried and ran out of the room. I dont anymore though.:)

5. Natalie

Natalie New Member

I was kind scared of Cookie Monster and the Count at first, but then I liked them. Hmm...oh and Crazy Harry, I still don't like him. Also, a lot of the pirates from MTI, I was still kind of young when it came out.

6. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

Hugga Wugga, Sweetums on occasion, lots of acts in Muppet Weird Stuff ("All Of Me", "Hugga Wugga", "You Do Something To Me", "I've Got You Under My Skin"), I think possibly Gorgon Heap too.

Worst one has got to be the Letter E from Sesame Street's Letter of the Day. I always changed the channel or turned off the TV when that came on. Something about the blond hair, the tiny eyes and lips, and the squeaky little voice by Richard Hunt. That letter E gave me one nightmare that I remember to this day (because I thought it was real and ran into my parents' bedroom). I turned over in bed, and there was that E (though I think it had buttons on it like a calculator) and it said, in a low, male voice, "Good night pal. Poison dreams." And I ran out screaming!

Just thought I'd share that with you. I'm going to go hang my head in shame now.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

7. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I was never scared by the Muppets but I have a fried who gets freaked out by the Thunderbirds. I think it's their mouths that are scary.

Also I love Sesamie Streets letter puppets. I will always remember Z best.

8. muppetfreek

muppetfreek New Member

Sam used to scare me. i dont know why. i think it was because he reminded me of Gordon off Thomas the tank engine (the grumpy blue engine) cuz they were both blue and never up beat! hehe, but thats a looooooooooooooong time ago!

9. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

I was the same. I used to swicth off "TMM" near the end off the film seconds berfore Animal saying "GO HOME! GO HOME.....". also I remember to watch TMS with the sound off fearing Animal running around yelling (as usual ;) )

Later

MuppetDanny

10. punkNpuppets

punkNpuppets New Member

I'm still afraid Thog, but i wasn't afraid of him as a kid. i was DEFINITLEY afraid of Spaceship Surprise, Vincent Twice, and Placido Flamingo on ss! also this one muppet named Mary Louise is freaky looking. she has weird black lips, i think. actually, there's too muppets named Mary Louise, the other looks like Prairie Dawn.

11. Gorgon Heap

punkNpuppets-

I'm still afraid Thog, but i wasn't afraid of him as a kid

Not understanding the syntax of this sentence. Do you mean you're afraid OF Thog? I didn't think (forum member) Thog had posted in this topic. If it is Thog you're afraid of, or were afraid of, I have a tough time seeing that. Care to explain?

12. Boober_Baby

Boober_Baby New Member

I did not notice this thread! Which is actually kinda funny, because I JUST said that when I was a kid I had this HUGE fear of the Trash Heap from Fraggle Rock. Sure, she was a nice trash heap, but dang! She was scary looking!

^_^ Debo

13. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

The Fireys from Labyrinth. I love them and always have, but they sure are creepy creatures. The rest, well they are Muppets. What's to be scared of? Guess I never had that problem.

14. Gorgon Heap

I did not notice this thread! Which is actually kinda funny, because I JUST said that when I was a kid I had this HUGE fear of the Trash Heap from Fraggle Rock. Sure, she was a nice trash heap, but dang! She was scary looking!

Ditto! Scary, and gross.

First post mentioned a fear of Junior Gorg. Actually I think I was scared of him occasionally.

15. punkNpuppets

punkNpuppets New Member

i mean, Thog is weird looking with his humungous butt and short little legs. i've never seen him (talking, performing, etc) so i can't say i like him, but i havent seen tms in a while. but actually, i probably wouldn't mind him.

16. getup

getup New Member

i was always scared of animal when he got big in the muppet movie. that part freaked me out as a kid!

17. crazy ernie

crazy ernie New Member

I used to be scared of the part in the dark crystal when Kira is strapped in to be drained of her essence.
    I used to think the skeksis were sucking out her brains.

18. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Everytime Kermit walked by the Rotating Rain Barrel in TMM, I jumped five feet in the air!

19. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Don't we all, though I'd love to see you do this.

20. CookieMonster

CookieMonster New Member

To be totally truthful, As a kid i was scared of Sweetums cuz...... u know,he was just so ........ ummm... What were we talking about again:(