What new merchandise do you think could or would be released?

muppetsliveon

Reaction score
What do you think would or could be released as a tie in or promotion for the new movie? I think maybe they could re release the pez dispensers and/or make new ones. And maybe make a happy meal/kids meal tie in.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There was a thread about our dream merchandise tie-ins in the Headlines folder. I think it was a sticky thread, but it appears to no longer be sticky.

That said, I (and I'm sure all of us) want The Muppet Show: Season Four.

Something I recently thought would be cool would be some kind of artwork featuring as many characters that can be included as possible, whether illustrated or live-action. Maybe a puzzle or a t-shirt or a poster or something. That'd be cool.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hope when stuff comes out, they're not all Disney Store exclusives. Mainly because ALL the ones that re-opened are RE-CLOSING... and I don't know if the mainstay one that didn't close is safe or not. Now it doesn't look like the entire chain is going under because they just added new stuff, including merchandise from a certain movie that comes out a week before their threatened closing date.

So I'm guessing it's Simon Mall-nopoly's fault and their wacky leasing policies that favor those boutique stores that no one actually buys stuff from (riddle me this. Has ANYONE ever seen anyone buy from Tea-vana? it's insane what they charge). :coy: And to make matters worse, I probably have like less than a month to find 8 bucks to buy the new Prof. Doof bean bag I was hoping they'd release.

Hopefully something better will happen by holiday time, or whenever Muppet stuff starts to pop up. Really... they turned everything around and even added Marvel stuff... now... POOF! Well, it explains why the new ones looked so bland inside. They must've been temporary anyway.

muppetsliveon

Reaction score
Now all they need to do is put out the happy meal toys and i would be able to see in the future because I knew it before they released images.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now all they need to do is put out the happy meal toys and i would be able to see in the future because I knew it before they released images.
Two things. Disney somehow feels that releasing kid's meal promo toys is beneath them now. I guess they're too afraid of those annoying parental groups getting on their case. To my knowledge, there's probably not even going to be a Cars 2 promotion (Kung Fu Panda 2 has one now and started last week, the next one is...blech...Pokemon... so one doesn't seem likely).

Secondly, I don't know when it comes out, but Puss in Boot's movie (hopefully it won't clip the Muppets too badly) comes out just before it, and McD's has a history of Dreamworks promotions since Shrek 3.

beaker

Reaction score
Funny, Pokemon is huuuuge with the older nerd crowd now. All the college kids at big cons I go to dress up like pokemon catchers or have their pokewalkers on them. Its a lot better than all the cgi kids garbage in America.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Funny, Pokemon is huuuuge with the older nerd crowd now. All the college kids at big cons I go to dress up like pokemon catchers or have their pokewalkers on them. Its a lot better than all the cgi kids garbage in America.
No, Pokemon is a trope filled kiddy toy cartoon... and I still think it ruined anime's presence in the US overall. The thing about it is, we never got the shows that they stole the tropes from. Even the characters I liked were ripoffs of something better.

Besides... Nintendo has OTHER things... where the heck is a Donkey Kong kid's meal? A Link one? and most importantly a Mario one? Mario's the dude!

beaker

Reaction score
I was just saying you probably haven't realized that part of Pokemon's newer regained popularity is college kid nostalgia...I know, late 90's nostalgia already? blechh. But Im on facebook, I go to a lot of conventions, I check out forums...college people in their 20's, especially girls love "150 original" pokemon. I never watched the show and was never a fan, in fact in 1998 I made a whole xeroxed comic zine derailing it. At the time I was into the violent vhs culture of good anime like Akira, Ninja Scroll, etc.

Well, yes happy meals based on those Nintendo properties would be nice...there has been quite a lot of Nintendo kids meal promotions in the last 15 years, close to a dozen I'd say.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I am WELL aware, believe me. Cons are freaking full of them. It's like they ONLY get Pokemon stuff in when they sell stuff there now. I never touched the stuff, though I admit to liking Meowth enough to buy ONE bean bag and ONE plastic talking toy... both on clearance. That's before I discovered Yatterman, and realized they basically stole a lot of crap from that.

NAHHH! I'm all about the underappreciated stuff that only Japan and Europe knew about... and One Piece. And Toriko currently. Now THAT'S an anime. It's like Pokemon, only a dude fights them with his bare hands and eats 'em.

But really... I LOVE Nintendo characters (Mario, DK, and Kirby especially) and I find it quite annoying Poke gets all the attention, merchandising wise.

MissPiggyFan98

Reaction score
I'd want (most not likely):

The Muppet Shows - Season 4; Season 5 [DVD]

Muppets Tonight - The Complete Series [DVD]

The Jim Henson Hour - The Complete Series (Joint release with LionsGate) [DVD]

The Frog Prince/Hey, Cinderella! [DVD]

A Muppet Family Christmas (Uncut) [DVD]

Other specials on DVD, release Muppets Revisited at last, re-release all Muppet movies on DVD/Blu-Ray/Digital Copy combo packs with their CD soundtracks and loads 'o' bonus features. Basically any media!