What playsets do you want?

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Here are mine:
Backstage w/Sam the eagle or Pops:This playset includes Gaffer,Dancing Cheeses,Singing Food,2 rats,3 Muppet Penguins,a latter,Kermit's desk,opening dressing room doors and when you open them you can see pictures of Piggy's dressing room and a guest star's dressing room they are both empty,Afghan Dog

Vet's Hospital Playset w/Dr.Bob:This playset features an AM Pig pateint also can be used for other sketches.Hospital bed,Chicken,an animated hospital door that can open and close,hospital light

Muppet Stage w/Uncle Deadley:This playset features a balcony with Droop in it alsoa latter,couple of rats,chickens,in the ochrastra pit just click a button and there is a mini animated Nigel,Crazy Hary,Zoot,Janice,Bongo Dude,Animal,Floyd that plays the muppet show closing theme.You can insert Statler & Waldorf and click a button on the balcony and they say three phrases.One at each time.This also features some backdrops including:Fozzie's Comedy backdrop(the one used in the fozzie jokes),At the Dance Backdrop,the backdrop used in the song "Yes we have no bannana's" from the Steve Martin Episode,TMS arches with all the muppets(illustrated).Also a drop down TMS sign with Kermit in it and when you push that button he says "It's the Muppet Show YAAAAY".Also the stage fits all the other playsets acept for the backstage playset and the TMS stage conects to the backstage playset.

What do you want?How do you like my ideas?

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
Dude, Cha-CHING...

Your idea for backstage is good... I like your ideas for Muppet-props that could come with it. With all that I don't need an actual Muppet fig... I estimate the value of this set at roughly 45 bucks... It should be huge, and that's what I have budgeted to pay for this mammoth playset. It should be cooler than the new castle greyskull...

Your Muppet Stage is a GREAT idea, but with all your add-ons, roughly 125 bucks... It's a bit pricey.. HAHAHA.

Your only reasonably priced set would be VH... I love this idea... Although I have to say that an AM pig is weird... I would rather see the announcer in this set with Dr Bob, or Nurse Piggy or Janice, as I wouldn't want to see these figs clogging up the stores and keeping them from ordering the next set or something.

Personally I'd just like to see sets that could come with regular Muppet figs, or only need ONE fig that could come with it. Like Muppet Labs. I think the Pigs IN Space figs wrecked something for non-Muppet collectors. They were a little too much, all in one set. There's not THAT many people who would like Pigs in Space.. At least not many in MY area, and believe me, I know ALL the geeks and freaks in my area who usually lap this stuff up...
Therefore, your Backstage idea and stage setting idea are awesome and I certainly hope they pan out. I love em cause you can use any muppet with them and you don't need to release 3 figs of limited collecting value. Just a thought.

jediX

Reaction score
A scale backstage would be awesome..I'd buy that as long as it wasn't over $50. Adding all the electronic stuff to it would just increase the price (and frankly the "talking system" is kind of....well see the Simpsons playsets. Those are crap now.)

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
I think those ideas are great. But instead of an AM Pig coming with the Vets Hospital playset, I think it should come with a Muppet Cow. I think that would be a great way to put out a cow.

Sloely

Reaction score
Nice ideas. I'd cut all the electronics, too pricey, and the playsets are plenty cool without. The Backstage Dressing Room doors should have the images you suggested as removeable backdrops, so that you can take them out of the way to have the figures actually pass thru the doors. I would cut the army builder pack-ins from the playsets: Too pricey again. I would rather see some web exclusive army builder multi-packs of rats, chickens, and penguins. The Stage Backdrops are a great idea. I would do the arches with perforated removeable images so you could pop out the ones for the figures you own, and place the actual figures in the arch. The Muppet Show sign should be able to have the actual Kermit and Gonzo figs ride in their appropriate places. The orchestra pit should have room to appropriately insert all the band figures, and room for a penguin orchestra. Definitely include the At The Dance backdrop and a cloth Main Red Curtain which can be drawn back.

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
I love that idea!!!

I love the thought of the Muppet main Stage haveing backdrops for the lesser-known sets, like the dance hall... It wouldn't make a set by itself, but as a backdrop, it's awesome!!! I wonder what else you could do like this???... As to what my ideal Main Stage set would have (and be cost effective) would be a main stage where you could plug in the other playsets (this might not work now since they are all different sizes... Not that I don't love the sets, but I thought this was the plan... keeping them stationary in size in order to slot into a larger scene.
Hey, for a set with Pops, why not have a Happiness Hotel bus!@??!? It's only logical and it's one of the only Muppet vehicles that makes sense. It would be the double decker bus, have wheels (rubber) that actually moved and come with Pops and several rats. I don't really know what else it would have (I totally submit to being a pert-time fan compared to ALL of you guys) but I love the idea, and love Pops, so we have the perfect marriage!!!

Pitfallharry

Reaction score
Vet Hospital is my #1 choice for next playset. They've already done Pigs in Space, so this HAS to come soon. :big_grin:

I'd also love to see them do a stage/audience set. Doesn't have to be as monstrous as you guys are suggesting, but the basic red curtains and stage could be the main deal. Maybe a secondary playset (or accessory offer as a mail-in?) is just a few rows of seats for the figs to actually sit in.

I'd also love a Sweetums figure. Not sure if they're planning him or not, but since he's much bigger than the standard muppets, perhaps they'd put him in some sort of playset.

jediX

Reaction score
Well, plug-in sets is probably the most cost-effective use of sets (plus with more sets there are more figures :wink:).

Robin W.

Reaction score
Definately, the Muppet stage with the curtains, the backstage (with all the dressingroom-doors) and the balcony for Statler and Waldorf. Maybe a place for the audience. And Vet's Hospital would be great too. Maybe the danceroom with different figures. Wow!