What roles have you played in Musicals?

HPDJ

Reaction score
I realise that loads of people have played different roles in plays/films/TV shows. What exactly have you done?

ME:
I've played the role of Basil Fawlty from Fawlty Towers 3 times in variety shows and have been an actor since the age of 5! I've written skits for my Youth theatre too including a 3 minute skit of "I'm a Celebrity, GET ME OUT OF HERE!"

Popular musicals I've done:
Honk-Bullfrog
Sweet Charity-Ice cream vendor
Oklahoma-Cord Elam
The Wizard of Oz-The Lion
Bugsy Malone-Dummy
Dam Yankees-First Boy
A Christmas Carol-Boy

FILM/TV:
Life and Debt-Rupert Warson

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
I've mentioned this else where but currently I am rehersing for my secondary school production Joseph and His Amazing Technicolur Dreamcoat where I shall play Reuben (the eldest of Joseph's brothers) and sing "Those Canaan Days."
I never though my swansong would be in French.

A number of year's ago I appeared in the school's production of Oklahoma as Cord Elam and I have also appeared with my church Dramatic Club in a one-act play called "Marigold Mews."

Besides that I have done countless readings in church and beem involved in many little sketches/playlets for Christmas, Easter and at the church summer club for children.

I'm also carving a bit of a nieche as an "after-dinner speaker" or at least giving public addresses having been my uncle's best man, spoken at my grandparent's Golden Wedding and I am - as I type - writing an address for school prizegiving.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I've played [this is where my head starts swelling] Thenardier and Marius [obviously not at the same time] in Les Miserables; Jeffrey in Godspell and Cratchit the gay ghost in The Theatre of Stars! Woop!

EDIT: Ooops. I knew I'd forgotten something. I played Benjamin in Joseph.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
I played Mr. Clock in Parables: The Musical, a church production. I was highly disappointed in the casting decision but I portrayed the character with loads of grace and charisma. At least, as much grace and charisma as one can portray an alarm clock.

In my own production, I portray an array of characters. It's forced me to work on my range as an actor and a singer. Eventually, I plan on having my own website where I can make my show public. Until then, it's all very hush-hush.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I did the roll of Frieda in ele. school,in Your a Good Man Charlie Brown.

(non-musical: I recited from Casey at the Bat,twas in Hansel and Gretal where I held the left side of the fireplace & recited from Macbeth)

Jinx

Reaction score
Well, this could take awhile....

I've played:
Jinx; Forever Plaid (2 productions)
Max Detweiler; Sound of Music
Nicely-Nicely Johnson; Guys and Dolls
Benny Southstreet; Guys and Dolls
Pseudolus; A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
The Baker; Into the Woods
Ali Hakim; Oklahoma!
Schroeder; You're a Good Man Charlie Brown
Charlie Brown; You're a Good Man Charlie Brown
Audrey II (Manipulation) Little Shop of Horrors (3 productions!)
Mr. Applegate; **** Yankees (Interesting...I got bleeped!)
Koko; The Mikado
David; Godspell
Bert Healy; Annie
Lord Evelyn Oakleigh; Anything Goes
Twimble/Womper; How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying
Dr. Grimwig; Oliver

These are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head. This doesn't include straight plays or operas...

I've managaed to keep rather busy upon the stage over the years!

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
My dream is to someday play Mark or Roger in the musical RENT.

Katzi428

Reaction score
the coroner :embarrassed: :in my junior school's production of The Wizard Of Oz
(walking around on my knees was painful! )

somethingofafan

Reaction score
Currently, I'm one of the Proteans in "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" in my community.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Tin Man in Wizard of Oz is the only remarkable one.

Had a chance to play Charlie Brown, but I skipped the second audition because I thought the Director had his cast picked out already since he was buddy-buddy with folks he'd known from before.