What segment was this?

Jaris

Reaction score
Allright, I recently got the "Songs From Sesame Street" CDs from the library, and am thrilled to finally have a name for one of my favorite cartoons, "Pinball Number Count".

Now the only one I wish I could figure out the name of, and hopefully find the music and maybe even a video if it exists....It was another counting video from what I can remember and it had a ball in a rube-goldberg style contraption made out of ?steel wire? flipping flags with numbers on them as the ball descended...

I also remember it falling into various baskets in this contraption...

Well that is the best I can do, hopefully someone will decipher my vague memories into something useful :smile:

thanks a ton!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Here's an answer

Somewhere on the vast expanse of this board, a thread was posted about it.
That was for a clip of the number 3, where a little red ball coasts along this rollercoaster track. And along its path it hits little spinners, goes through baskets, etc. The layout of this track is unbelievable. This little film was directed by Frank Oz, which was his first step into becoming the big-time Hollywood director he is now. And I love the groovy early 70's Moog music in the background.
This clip has two endings. One where the ball gets ground into a red powder, and another where it hits a box that produces three cherries, which wind up on top of an ice cream sundae, which a little girl gets to eat at the end.

This clip did end up on one of the Noggin episodes (I have no idea which one) and may be posted on youtube someday. Hope this helps.:smile:

Jaris

Reaction score
Awesome!!!

Thank you so much, it actually helped me a ton, so I did some more poking around on youtube and finally found it...Though big bird's intro somewhat spoils the ending of the roller coaster ride..

I can't post URLs yet, so just go to youtube and search for Sesame Street Ball for all you that are looking to see this again as well!

It is the wierdest feeling in the world to see something like this after over a decade of wondering what it was called and only vague memories.

superboober

Reaction score
It was always a favorite of mine as well. Too bad we never saw how the ball was initially put into play on the roller coaster. I wonder how many takes it might have taken to get the shot right, as I would guess there were probably a couple of times the ball rolled off the track, especially at the parts where it bounces down the steps and falls into the dipper arms.