1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

What seperated the Gorg's world and Outer Space?

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Speed Tracer, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

This is something I've wondered for a while. There had to be something like a huge wall separating Doc's house and the Gorgs' garden. Or maybe they were just really far apart. But even so, wouldn't someone have noticed them? It simply doesn't make sense. Maybe they're invisible to everyone but the Fraggles. That would be weird. Someone explain this to me.

2. MuppetMarc

MuppetMarc New Member

I've wondered that since I was little. It really makes less sense since the gorgs were about I guess....35 to 50 feet tall.

3. Speed Tracer

I refuse to watch Fraggle Rock ever again until I receive a legit answer.

The clock is ticking, Henson.

4. evilhopscotch

evilhopscotch New Member

Magic, dude. That's how. The gorg's garden is in a whole different universe of its own thanks to magic, and isn't anywhere near Doc's house.

5. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

I think that what seperates the Gorgs from Outer Space is the Fraggle world itself. Outer Space, where Doc lives, is on one side, and the Gorgs are on the other.

Daniel

6. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

That would be what I would presume. I must get the series as it comes out on DVD and see if anything of interest is brought up about this.

7. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

I think it's a matter of shifting dimensions and all that stuff. The kind of thing they'd deal with on Dr. Who or something.

Speed Tracer, I think the writers and performers would prefer that you just acknowledge that it's a fantasy world, and just sit back and enjoy, without excessive fretting and sweating. :smirk: :excited:

8. Wembley

Wembley Member

Well, in "The Gorg Who Would Be King", Junior decides there will be no king, and then throws the crown away. At the end of the episode, Doc and Sprocket find a huge metal crown-like object, which is the crown that Junior threw.

I would imagine that when needed, the magical separations between the Fraggle universe and the Silly Creature universe are removed. Remember, in Honk of Honks, Gobo has to gather honks from the different species to produce the Honk - and when he does, all the creatures hear the Honk and realize that we are not that different from each other.

Well, at least that's my theory, anyway :)

-Rick
    ..."You can NOT leave the magic"

9. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

They live in another dimension... like Narnia. There are only certain ways to get there. I read an article where Jerry Juhl ( I think ) mentioned that explanation.

10. Speed Tracer

I think you guys are right. Magic.

11. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

12. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

13. Punch'n'Judy

Punch'n'Judy New Member

Is there a credited artist?

14. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Definately Magic. Whoever mentioned Narnia described they way that I interpret it. The workshop, Fraggle Rock, and the Gorgs castle are like 3 connected universes... Fraggle Rock being the gateway in between them. :)

15. Pork

Pork Active Member

How big is the Gorg world. You never see any other Gorgs but ma pa and Junior (am I right?). And is the Trash Heap in the Gorgs world. Because she seems to be made of human rubbish. do you get what I mean?

16. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Yeah I've noticed that too, she's made of garbage from things the Gorgs don't seem to have, lol.

17. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

...To be honest I've always thought in the back of my head that there must be humans living nearby the Gorgs' castle, because of the stuff the Trash Heap was made out of. It never seemed odd to me. ::shrugs::

Maybe the Gorgs settled in Canada! ;)

18. Pino

Pino Member

I think Fragle Rock is a space continium.. A kind off vacuum that is between our dimension and the Gorgs.
    I bet Einstein did know about it but it is to difficult to explain for us normal humans.

19. Speed Tracer

Fraggle Rock or the vacuum?

20. wes

wes Active Member

One Word: (in Spongebob Voice) IMAGINATION!!;)