What should the 40th anniversary logo look like?

SSLFan

Reaction score
^^^

Any ideas? Should it have most of the core group muppets like the 25th anniversary one had? Or should it just have a big number 40 with the Sesame St. logo on top like the 30 and 35th anniversaries? I would perfer a one with the SS muppets on it, but if they would just do a number 40, It should be something like the 30th anniversary one(I'm not too fond of the recent one,lol). Your thoughts?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Whatever it is, I assure you it's gonna have Abby and Elmo on it.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I would have had the logo be a spoof of Barney and Friends showing Big Bird leading the SS crew on a big Parade.

Or if that is not possible, then how about one having the Bird walk side by side with Abby and a young child with the escribtion of showing 40 years and still counting.

Or how about one where:insatiable: tries to eat the 40th anniversary symbol.

ISNorden

Reaction score
I would have had the logo be a spoof of Barney and Friends showing Big Bird leading the SS crew on a big Parade.

Or if that is not possible, then how about one having the Bird walk side by side with Abby and a young child with the escribtion of showing 40 years and still counting.

Or how about one where :insatiable: tries to eat the 40th anniversary symbol.
Of those three choices, I most prefer the "Cookie Monster" idea: he's existed in some form since Episode 1, he's still appearing in new sketches/stories, and he's probably the most recognized "old school" Muppet worldwide. The "Abby/Big Bird with a kid" image would be my second choice; it acknowledges a link between Sesame Street's past and present, along with the show's target audience. I agree that including only newer characters (like Abby and Elmo) in the logo wouldn't do justice to Sesame Street's full 40-year history; Elmo didn't exist for at least ten years, unlike some other Muppets you've mentioned.