What sketches scared you as a kid?

WereFox

Reaction score
LOLOLOL THAT's A RIOT. Dr Tooth

My little brother had a big bird that played tapes, and when you bought the formatted tapes he would read you a story...and his mouth would move along with the words on the tape.
If it was an unformatted tape, though, his mouth would move sporatically. That was in 89.
We found that toy about 6 years later and it still worked... My baby sister was about a year old and my brother was nine...we got the biggest kick out of putting different tapes into big bird(most none to wholesome) and watching my baby sister regard big bird's new songs with a very confused and unappreciative look on her face. She did that big bird in eventually...she pushed it down the stairs in the walker. (this was a punishment dolled out to a lot of her stuffed animals)
Reminds me of a rock star Elmo doll as a young kid. Can't remember, but its got a black jacket. That's all I can tell you. So what happened to your singing Big Bird? Give it to charity, or toss it in the incinerator?

WereFox

Reaction score
The ones that scared me the most:

1) Any time Ernie, Kermit, etc would draw IN THE AIR with their finger would really freak me out.

2) Ernie pulling off Bert's nose--dismemberment is scary, okay?

3) Lower Case "n" Standing on a Hill....just the loneliness of it all was sad.

That's it.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnn
1. How is drawing in the air scary? Ghostwriting?

2. At least Bert's a puppet... at least there was no bloody spot.

3. I LOVED the lowercase "n"!

WereFox

Reaction score
Believe it or not there used to be a sketch featuring the song Swing on a star. I forgot which human sang it but It featured an anything muppet and I was scared of that. Then I got over it
How did it scare you. There is nothing scary about stars.

WereFox

Reaction score
Heyyy... I like Placido Flamingo and Space Ship Surprise. Herry is cool too!

But I can remember that any kind of cartoon with an indistinguishable setting, especially the Letter ones (like F, face or Y, yak) were kind of eerie. the fact that they had no BG music startled me!

Plus there was this alphabet segment (another psychadelic skit) with a loud, scary organ music. It reminded me so much of the number pinball!
What does Placido Flamingo look like?

WereFox

Reaction score
Oh my gosh.....you are going to LAUGH at my story, ponamytrail (and the rest of you guys, if you haven't heard this one before). When I was a kid, I was TERRIFIED of Beautiful Day Monster. I had nightmares that he was hiding under my bed, waiting to spring out at me in the middle of the night with his HUGE eyes and big, gaping mouth and gobble me up whole.

One day, I saw this clip with Kermit and Beautiful Day that involved the letter B and the sound it makes. At the end of this clip, Beautiful Day loudly exclaims a long, "BAAAAAAAAH!", and his voice blows Kermit off the set. Then, he turns to the camera, opens his eyes really wide, and says it again, right to you....."BAAAAHHHHHH!" This eventually causes the screen to fade to completely white. After seeing this, I was mortified. This was above and beyond the scariest clip I had ever seen. I could hardly sleep let alone function as a normal five-year-old after this for days. I was terrified beyond reason.
After this clip, not knowing what his name was, he was nicknamed "The Bee Monster" by my family. It's kind of funny, because many years later, I found out his name actually does start with a "B".

Anyway, back to the story. My dear mother, after seeing me tormented by the fear of this Muppet decided it was time for a little child psychology. She had me imagine the "B Monster", and had me take my imaginary monster, wrap him up in imaginary chains, and we flushed him (yes, we flushed him) down the toilet. You know, I still was frightened of him after that, but that really did help! Even to this day, he gives me the willies, although I now think he more or less resembles my cat if she were much bigger and blue......

Isn't life strange? :smile:
Yar ar ar ar! That be funny!