1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What songs scared you as a kid?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CountFan1998, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

Never heard of the "Windmill of your mind " song. So I just listened to it now on YouTube. The Muppet version just made me dizzy.
    muppetfan24/7 and Fragglemuppet like this.
  2. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

I can only hum it. i don't know the words.
  3. CountFan1998

CountFan1998 Active Member

Yeah, that Windmills of Your Mind creature is weird! The cool thing is is that he turns up later in the Veteranarian's Hospital skit. Even for a one-shot character, that's incredible.
  4. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Yeah the first time I saw the Windmills of Your Mind sketch was isolated on the World of Jim Henson documentary and it terrified me. I guess the whole idea of the creature not being able to stop and all freaked me out. But a few years later I saw the actual Muppet Show episode and strangely I felt a lot better when I saw him turn up again on Vet's Hospital, lol.
  5. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

I agree; I didn't even make it 15 seconds in! But if you want to hear a great BLT song dub, check out Worthless in Hungarian.

Anyway, when I was little I was terrified of Heart of Glass (Blondie) and Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen).
  6. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

You know, as silly as it sounds, the children's song On Top of Spaghetti really bothers me. I don't know why. I'm ok with On Top of Old Smokey. But Spaghetti *shudders*

I even got in trouble in elementary school for refusing to sing it
  7. HeyButtahfly

HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

"The Low Rider" still freaks me out. My dad likes to tease me about it.
  8. The closing theme of the Carol Burnett show used to upset me, scare me...
    ...because it was true: "before you know it, comes the time you have to say goodbye." Yet I liked it. I tried to shake off the funny feeling it gave me.
  9. CountFan1998

I hear ya. "Three Blind Mice" sometimes makes me cry. It's just so sad!!! :cry:
    But don't worry, I'm ok! :D
  10. heralde

Oh wow, you too??? Lol, seriously I got in trouble in Kindergarten because they were singing that song in music class, it scared me and I started crying, lol.
  11. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Boris the Spider-The voice of the kid was soooooooooooooooooooo creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
    Tha's it.
  12. KirbTreelo05

KirbTreelo05 Active Member

"Grim Grinning Ghosts" from Disney's Sing-A-Long Songs.​
    My little brother and I would watch that tape constantly and every time this song would come up, we'd run and hide somewhere or fast forward it to the next song. x) It doesn't really scare me anymore, but it's still pretty creepy...Those trees, man... ._.​
  13. CountFan1998

Yeah, I looked it up, it works! Although some of the genders of the cars changed, I liked it. Anyway, why Heart of Glass?
  14. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

I think it was her use of falsetto along with the layering technique used on her voice.
  15. CountFan1998

To me, it's just confusing! I can't really understand what she's saying!!! :confused:
  16. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

"Revolution 9" by The Beatles gave me nightmares for several nights
    heralde likes this.
  17. heralde

"Number 9....Number 9...Number 9..."

Yeah I can see being creeped out by "Heart of Glass," the combination of the effects and how her voice goes all weird at "but I was so blind."
  18. CountFan1998

I just recently found this, but if I was little and I watched this, I'd be scarred for life! Wouldn't you?
    KirbTreelo05 likes this.
  19. Piggy The Frog

Piggy The Frog Well-Known Member

The Muppet Show version of Coconut used to terrify me. I think it was the nurses with their screechy singing and increasingly bizarre appearances.

Does anyone remember a live-action TV show called Zardip's Search for Healthy Wellness? It was about an alien boy who was learning about humans. Anyway, there's one episode with a song about pain, with a cartoon showing everything that's described in the song. Both the song and the cartoon used to creep me out. I remember seeing one guy fall on the floor and his eyes turn into stars (dead? :eek:). There's also someone who gets his hand stuck in a car door. I've been trying to find it, just to see if it would have the same effect on me now, but it doesn't seem to be anywhere online.
  20. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

Welcome Home by Coheed and Cambria scared the crap outta me.