What Songs Would You Like to See the Muppets Cover AND How Would They Do It?

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Pretty straightforward; what songs would you like the Muppets to cover and how would they add that special "Muppetiness" they bring to all the other covers they've done. My picks:

99 Red Balloons by Nena- Performed by Miss Piggy, for this number Beauregard is asked to fill 99 balloons with helium and set them up all along the set. Beauregard finds that somebody has already blown up the 99 balloons and so he hangs them up. Unbeknownst to him, that somebody was Crazy Harry, and he filled the 99 balloons with propane (Google it:wink:) ! So while Miss Piggy performs the number, Harry rushes onstage with a giant needle and runs around popping the balloons, which explode into fireballs.

Ballroom Blitz by Sweet- Performed by the Electric Mayhem. Of course this number takes place in the classic theater ballroom, and is interspersed with ballroom gags, along with the insanity that must go along with singing "Ballroom Blizt (hint: :hungry::fishy::crazy: are all there)."

Dead Man's Party By Oingo Boingo- Performed by Uncle Deadly. Deadly invites Kermit, Piggy, Fozzy and Gonzo to a party at a haunted mansion, where all the most ghoulish Muppets are in attendance.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
It's a bit of an obscure song, but I think "Laundromat" by Rory Gallagher would be great for the Electric Mayhem to sing. The song's hook is "what do you think of that/I'm sleeping down at the laundromat" and is basically about a guy who is dumped by his girl and has nowhere else to go. Dr. Teeth and Floyd could trade off the lyrics while various other Muppets do their laundry in the background and seem rather annoyed by the fact that there is a band playing in their midst.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
I'd like to see all of the Muppets, old and new, sing the song "Seasons of Love" from Rent (for those who don't know, it's the "525,600 minutes" song). It would be performed very much like in the musical, with all of the Muppets on stage at once (I imagine that some would have to be in front of others, or it would have to be a giant stage).

TheWeirdoGirl

Reaction score
I would LOVE to see Zoot and The Electric Mayhem perform the song Yakety Sax. It's such a fun saxophone song and would be a great feature for Zoot.