What stores will carry the Swedish Chef Playset?

Ziggystrdst72

Reaction score
If you guys ar saying that Toys R US won't carry any Series 3 stuff what stores will? I've never seen any of the playsets at EB or Suncoast. Will that change or wll i have to order it off the net?

Peace and thanks for all the help,
ZAch

Walker Boh

Reaction score
Originally posted by Ziggystrdst72
I've never seen any of the playsets at EB or Suncoast. Will that change or wll i have to order it off the net?
I've seen the playsets at EB, EBX, and Suncoast, so it sounds like it will vary depending on each location, and not necessarily by the chain as a whole. I recommend asking your local retailers whether they expect to get it, as well as finding out if you can preorder it to make sure that they order one for you.

Some online stores (such as EBGames.com) are already taking preorders for it, so if you're concerned about not being able to find it locally you might want to consider that as an option.

Luke

Reaction score
You can also try small comic shops too and maybe order it from them ....... it's not all big chain stores.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Hope it comes to EB or TRU.

Now, let's just wait and see how much it costs! Imagine trying to beg my parents to cough up forty bucks for an action fgure!

It ain't gonna be cheap! Gotts remember it's a DELUX playset which means they'll give you a whole lot more... for a price. May have to wait til the summer when I can get a job to get it. Nuts!

So, how much is it gonns be? Twenty like the others? Thirty? Forty?

Don't you dare say fifty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
Hope it comes to EB or TRU.
It's coming to neither - TRU are no longer going to be carrying ANY Muppet action figures and EB won't be stocking them instore - only online. However a new high street retailer will be announced soon, most likely at Toy Fair. The price is $29.99 in the USA i think.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
excuse me?

No more Toys R Us? No more EB? No... What???? I hate ordering online!

WHAT???

*crys into pillow*

Luke

Reaction score
Yup, that's the score, although as i said, there'll be a new retailer announced soon so they should be available in a mainstream store.

dan

Reaction score
But WHY is TRU not going to carry the action figures anymore!!??

uncleduke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
It's coming to neither - TRU are no longer going to be carrying ANY Muppet action figures and EB won't be stocking them instore - only online. However a new high street retailer will be announced soon, most likely at Toy Fair. The price is $29.99 in the USA i think.
The EB comment might be premature. As far as I can tell, some of the smaller stores (with a slightly different name) in Canada will not be carrying them. The US stores will probably still have them.
Go to your local EB and tell them you want to reserve one. It cost's $5.00, but will get one in the store for you.

The alternate is to order from them direct. If you don't like ordering online, you can call them at 1-877-432-9675 and order one.

As for Toys R Us, to say they are not going to carry them anymore may be premature. Remember, in August they weren't going to carry McFarlane toys anymore! The best remedy is to go to the local TRU and tell the DIRECTOR (who runs the whole store) that you are really looking forward to those figures, and if they could look on the computer and see when they will arrive. (be polite, and play dumb, act like you don't know they weren't ordered).
The more people who let TRU know they want 'em the better.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by dan
But WHY is TRU not going to carry the action figures anymore!!??
Well for a start, they weren't really selling, and that could well be because TRU wasn't promoting them or displaying them prominently. The sales and which company the toys come from are important factors in how a store treats a line, and this didn't work out well for Palisades when they asked TRU if they would be ordering Wave 3 and TRU said no. The other factor was that right at the time Palisades approached the buyers at TRU a new person was taking over in charge of action figures who didn't have any kind of relationship with Palisades, and also on a mission to sell all the overstock of toys TRU already had on their shelves before buying in other lines, aside i guess from the really high profile ones from big companies.