WHAT THE FROG! UNIVERSAL!

charlietheowl

Reaction score
The article claimed that the producers "have a mandate to make edgy comedies". I think the best way to make something "edgy" is to not try to be edgy. When a movie studio tries to be edgy I picture someone's father coming out of the house with a snapback on and saying "Yo, what's happening, peeps" while their kids cringe in horror.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Like someone said in the comments, would they need permission to use the term iphone?

otherwise I don't see the reason to get upset over it. It's just another teen movie where the writers have no idea how teens actually behave and try to be cool *shrugs*

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The only thing that gets me is that these movies are the ones that are always getting four-star ratings. Why? Have we, as audiences, dumbed down that much that a picture with stale writing, unfunny jokes, bawdy situations, acting equivilant to high school dramatics club, low-budget production values, and lackluster directing all thrown into the mix with no structure whatsoever is Hollywood Gold?

I mean honestly, I've seen no-budget, homemade, film school 101-esque shorts made by people with plain-grade commercial equipment that have better production values than most of these movies:

Drtooth

Reaction score
This honestly doesn't seem too bad. Quite a bit too late for it to be relevant, sure.

I thought it was going to be another piece of absolute garbage worthy of wiping out humanity like Movie 43 (that's going to destroy the careers of everyone who was roped into making it) and the even worse In-App-Propriate Comedy (or, how can we look even worse than the last season of Mad TV).

Like someone said in the comments, would they need permission to use the term iphone?

otherwise I don't see the reason to get upset over it. It's just another teen movie where the writers have no idea how teens actually behave and try to be cool *shrugs*
I'm sure there's going to be some sort of marketting deal between the two of them, like that thing where Owen Wilson and Vince Vaugn are working at Google.

Yeah, it seems maybe a step above mediocre. Nothing to go berserk over.