What TMS episode is this from?

Whatnot1988

Reaction score
Okay, stupid question here. In the Company of Players documentary on the TMS season 3 DVD set there is a clip of Jim and Frank rehearsing a scene:

Frank (as Fozzie): He's not as funny as I am, right?
Jim (as Kermit): Well, sometimes he's funnier.
Frank: He's FUNNIER?

Was this from an episode (if yes, which one and what season) or were Jim and Frank just ad-libbing behind the scenes?

David French

Reaction score
Okay, stupid question here. In the Company of Players documentary on the TMS season 3 DVD set there is a clip of Jim and Frank rehearsing a scene:

Frank: He's FUNNIER?

Was this from an episode (if yes, which one and what season) or were Jim and Frank just ad-libbing behind the scenes?
The clip comes from the doco "Of Muppets & Men" and appears to be either a) rehearsal of a scene that was deleted or b) ad-libbing by Henson and Oz. I'm guessing that the clip dates from c.1978 and particularly the Spike Milligan episode.

Dearth

Reaction score
I had the feeling they were rehearsing lines for some sort of publicity reel or documentary about the Muppet Show being dubbed in so many languages.

So Kermit would tell Fozzie that in other countries, someone else would be doing his voice in [name of language here]. Which leads in to the lines...

Frank (as Fozzie): He's FUNNIER?

I could be totally off base though.

Alex

Dearth

Reaction score
I was watching 'Of Muppets and Men' again for a different project I'm researching, and found the longer version of that clip.

Here's a link to it on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRkmhJRl0Ec
Go to about 1:36...

Jim (as Kermit): Did you know, Fozzie, that wherever the Muppet Show is screened outside of England and America, the bear speaks the language of that country?
Frank (as Fozzie): You mean *I* do? I-I speak the language of that country?
Jim (as Kermit): Well, you don't. Not exactly. [stammers over inflections a bit] Well, see, there's another bear that speaks for you.
Frank (as Fozzie): *Another* bear speaks for me?
Jim (as Kermit): Well, so to speak. Yes.
Frank (as Fozzie): He's not as funny as I am, huh?
Frank (as Fozzie): He's FUNNIER?

The clip continues under voiceover.

Jim (narrating): The Muppet Show is now seen in over a hundred countries, and I'm just delighted with the show's success.

I wouldn't call it ad-libbing, by any means. They're both looking at scripts. It sounds like the sort of clip which would precede one of those montages they do of a number from the show, with each line in a different language.

Alex