What to do on May 16th

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Last year, I just happened to be in the middle of a Muppet-related art project - a ceiling tile painting of Jim and Kermit - on May 16th, Jim Henson's deathday. So I wore all green clothes (because it's not easy being green!) as my own little personal tribute to one of my artistic role models.
I plan on dressing in green again this year. Does anyone have anything they like to do in tribute on this day?
Another question: does anyone think that it would be disrespectful to do something on this day, since I (obviously) didn't know him personally?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't think it's disrespectfu at all. After all, we ARE his fans, and admirers. In fact, I'm sure he would appreciate what all we do on that faithful day.

You just inspired me to do something special on that day: I'm not so sure what right now, but I'll think of something.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Deathday is a werid word

but to all his own it's nice to keep him alive in you heart he meant a great deal to all of us

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
I've never done anything in the past, but, I probably will this year.:smile: :sympathy: :big_grin: (I'd put the Ernie and Waldorf smilies but, I can only do three.)

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Good idea! What i'll do is maybe wear green and watch "The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson" and Henson's Funeral that day. :sleep: :stick_out_tongue: :sympathy:

Smiles

Reaction score
It's definately not disrespectful, I think it's sweet.

And you've also inspired me to do something. I actually have off of school on May 16th. Maybe I'll have a muppet movie marathon...

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Aw, I'm glad I could inspire others to do the same. Jim inspired me in the first place, so I'm just passing it on. :smile:
By the way, Ive been meaning to post this ever since I finished it last year (I first mentioned it here).

Click me to see my painting of Kermit and Jim.

Once I am done my current muppet project (which won't be for a few weeks), I will post that one as well, to share it with all you guys. :smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I love Jim's pearly-white teeth.
You did a good job painting that picture. Congratulations

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Wow, that is an awesome painting MrsPepper! I like it alot!