1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What was your first Fraggle Rock episode?

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by ploobis, Sep 14, 2007.

1. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

Hey Folks'

What was the first episode of Fraggle Rock you ever saw?

I remember my first episode of Fraggle Rock as a kid. The first episode of the Fraggles I ever saw was the "Uncle Matt's Discovery" episode.

What was your first episode? :excited: :smirk:

Ploobis
  2. Java

Java Active Member

I wish I could remember. I mostly just remember being aware of the Fraggles and how great they were. It's the same with TMS for me too.
  3. The first episode I ever remember seeing was when they try and capture the moon. I remember it being quite sad at the time. Fraggle Rock was always very heartfelt rather than just funny.
  4. JEANYLASER

JEANYLASER Member

My first Fraggle Rock episode is the Fraggles was tied up in the old fraggles dungeon.
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

What was the first episode on the "Dance your cares away DVD?" I think it was that. or Boober Gorg. I forget.

My true first one was the first episode of the cartoon series, but that doesn't count.
  6. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I actually have pretty vague memories of Fraggle Rock, though I know I watched it. But I seem to remember that I used to have the very first episode on tape. I always recalled Gobo saying to Mokey, "I'll tell ya, Mokey, when you're wrong, you're really wrong!" Lol

The one I remember most clearly in probably the "Mean Genie" episode. I was sitting there in my living room absolutely traumatized by the end, lol. Thank goodness it all turned out well! lol

When I watched Fraggle Rock, it was always on the Disney Channel. And it's funny but around the same time I saw "Mean Genie", there was an episode of Kids Incorporated where one of the kids finds his own Genie. So I always ending up connecting the two episodes, lol. At one point the kid wishes he had a powerful voice and ends up singing Billy Joel's "Leave a Tender Moment Alone". Again, everytime I hear that song I always think of Fraggle Rock on the Disney channel, lol. Ah memories!
  7. Pork

Pork Active Member

I watched first one on YouTube, yeah, hehe. It was one where boober was making soup and, hmm, I forget ther rest. OOPs.
  8. Winslow Leach

Winslow Leach Active Member

The first Fraggle ep. I ever saw was the debut episode, when it originally premiered.
  9. superboober

superboober Member

It would be hard to say, since I was 1 when it began, but the earlier episode I always remembered clearly was The Terrible Tunnel, so maybe it was that.
  10. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

the first one.. my dad liked it even more than my sister and I did, so we never missed an episode :)
  11. Skye

Skye Active Member

I never saw it on TV, so my very first episode was "Beginnings" when the DVD set was released.
  12. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I would have to say my first one i can remember seeing is "When The Music Died." I remember the song so much and when Wembley is being carried out to the gorgs garden. Those eye lids of his. they were so weird when i remember seeing him like that. I always asked why he looked like that. But i would say i proubley saw more before that episode aired being that i do remember it was HBO that it was on. So it wasn't from when Disney Showed them. But that would be the first one i remember seeing. Also i would say the other one i remember is when Mokey and Red are trapped by some type of plant that made them fall asleep (i think) But all i can remember is Mokey and Red sitting on a ledge of a rock with thos plants growing all around them. Does anyone know which one i'm talking about?
  13. Anneahmiller

Anneahmiller New Member

Me too.
  14. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

The Great Radish Famine. I saw it when we first got HBO which I think was late 1986. Since I wasn't too familiar with anything about it, I kinda thought Mokey was the main character since Gobo wasn't around in that episode. I pretty much saw them in order from then on. :smirk: :excited:
  15. G-MAN

G-MAN Active Member

I'm not quite sure, I guess it depends on which way I used to tape them first VHS or Beta, Probably a repeat of I Don't Care (the first on VHS), but The Day The Music Died was always my favorite out of the episodes of my one VHS tape from the HBO era, my favorite on Beta was either Mokey Here And Now or Gone But Not Forgotten (both original airdate I think, I was born in 1985)
  16. janicegroupie

janicegroupie New Member

Wow, I have no idea what my first episode of FR was. I have honestly been watching it pretty much since I was born. The Fraggles have always been a continuous part of my life I'm proud to say.
  17. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

The episode i was refuring too was the Race one. It's on this season. It was Red and Mokey it was Red and Landford. I must of forgot and when i was watching this i remember the plants and everything. Just not Landford. But that would be another epsidoe i remember watching when i was growing up watching them. :excited:
  18. FraggleRockRock

FraggleRockRock New Member

(Shifting guiltily) I comepletely forgot about this show until a few years ago. My older brother used to watch it so we taped a few episodes. The one I most remebered was "The Bells of Fraggle Rock". My rediscovery episode, however, was "Red's Club".
  19. Rose

Rose Member

Not sure excatly. UM.... I would have to say ' Beginnings ' and ' Red's Club ' for some reason those seemed to me the ones I saw the most growing up. I didn't really start getting into the Fraggles ' till 1989, but I do remeber seeing it off and on on TV thought out the years.
  20. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

Beginnings was my first, followed by The Great Radish Caper. My mom's friends used to record them for me, and I actually saw "The Honk Of Honks" before "The Minstrels." I remember picking up "The Minstrels" at our library, thinking it was "Honks."