1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What would happen if Sesame Workshop retired Elmo?

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by beaker, Aug 25, 2009.

1. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

i find it funny that watching EW actually made me want to have a pet goldfish. i named it dorthy and everything. poor thing didn't last a week!:p
  2. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

wow no wonder they make so much money off of goldfish!
  3. Fluffets

Fluffets New Member

Cruel world, innit? :o
  4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

63. There have only been 63. Plus 3 specials/DTV projects.
  5. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

they have only had 63 goldfish! wow i was wrong:cry:
  6. APRena

APRena New Member

Hah, I thought my brother was the only one that did that! He got Dorothy, and I got Mollie. Guess which species it was? *A mollie is a type of goldfish(y looking fish, at least)*

We were so creative. They lived for about 3 1/2 years, though. :D
  7. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

wow thats amazing
  8. Gelfling Girl

Gelfling Girl Active Member

My mom got a Betta fish as a class pet for her science class last year, and she let them choose a few different possible names then vote. They came up with a bunch of different crazy names (for example, the name that won the vote was Squirt) and she said that next year (or now it's technically this year) she would get an orange one and name it Dorothy. She didn't, though. :p Then again, most middle school students would probably think she's crazy for naming the class pet after a furry red monster's pet fish.
  9. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

yea makes since
  10. APRena

APRena New Member

They were in a tank, though. I think they live longer in tanks than in bowls. More room and stuff. :wisdom:

(I think it's worth noting that "Dorothy" got really really fat, and Mollie was the *perfect* fish, IHMO. ;)) Dorothy had bug eyes and would always headbutt the glass. We pretended she was asking us questions
  11. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

hahaha funny!
  12. Gelfling Girl

Somebody I once knew actually did that as a science project once.
  13. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

the longest living gold fish was 43 years old:eek:
  14. Gelfling Girl

Wow :eek: Was it using the Muppet Labs Live-Longinator? ;)
  15. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

i dont know:confused::eek:
  16. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

On an off note I had a black goldfish named Death and he lived for like a year and a half.
  17. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

You certainly didn't attempt to tantalize fate there.... Reverse Psychology, I guess...

Back to the subject at fin... hand...

I wonder what would happen if they got rid of Elmo's World, BUT put a new recurring Elmo related segment, a much shorter one at that, in its place. Something completely different from EW in the subject and context... but still featuring Elmo.
  18. APRena

APRena New Member

I totally agree. A shorter segment, more interaction with the other characters. The regular street characters don't appeat much on EW, do they? Only for the specials and stuff, like Grover on the 35th anniversary. Does anyone know? :confused:
  19. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

yea elmos world has been going on too long they need a new segment for elmo
  20. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

They need more street time and less segments all together. And now they are adding the new Abby Cadaby segment.