What would happen if ...?

muppetmonster

Reaction score
I don't remember that many shows from "The Muppet Show". But, I read that some of the "Sesame Street" muppets have visited them. However, it is never known, what would happen if the muppets from "The Muppet Show" visit the "Sesame Street" muppets. How would the humans on "Sesame Street" act like? What would the children conservations be like? I think the humans will be mad and say "good grief" all the time. I also think the children conversations would be very amazing, but very surprising. What do you guys think would happen?

Muppetmonster

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I think Animal and Cookie Monster would have a eating contest to see who would eat the most junk food.

I can see Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem providing some "educational" music for the kiddies on the street.

I think Piggy would think she is too good to be on Sesame Street and would like to go somewhere where people can drool over her presence. Can't really do that on Sesame Street.

Crazy Harry wouldn't fit on Sesame Street at all. I don't think the adults and kids want to be blown up by Harry's antics.

ryan

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Well, this topic has been addressed before. The only real crossover characters on Sesame Street from The Muppet Show that I know of has been Gladys the cow, Rowlf the dog (in network pitch for Sesame Street and in #9 Falling Baker clip) and of course, Kermit the Frog, even though he was on Sesame Street before he ever started on The Muppet Show. Possibly Robin may have shown up, but that's a maybe. Otherwise, the only other interactions I know of have been when Sesame Street characters visited The Muppet Show (in the Connie Stevens episode, the Marty Feldman episode and the Leslie Uggams episode) and of course, Muppet Family Christmas! There's probably some other various animals from The Muppet Show that have also been used on Sesame Street, like the penguins. :zany: That's about all I can think of. I'm not sure how the humans would react to say, Animal :halo: or Gonzo :concern: or some of the others. They've seen some pretty weird stuff on Sesame Street before, so if they can handle Mr. Snuffleupagus, they probably wouldn't be too freaked out by Sweetums or anyone else.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
I think Piggy would think she is too good to be on Sesame Street and would like to go somewhere where people can drool over her presence. Can't really do that on Sesame Street.
Well, she did refer to Sesame Street as "that cute little children's show with puppets"(or words to that effect) on TMS once when Big Bird visited in a very condescending tone.

blackurth

Reaction score

here's how they should do that episode...
SESAME STREET-"TELIVISION IS NOT REAL SPECIAL"

Basically big bird watches an episode of the muppet show and the characters from the muppet show start appearing to him,of course since they are from on t.v. that means they really don't exist,so he tell eveyone and of course they have to teach him that all those "muppets" are just imaginary and cannot exist in the "real world" (the world which THEY live in) so people think he's nuts so by the end of the special he tell the muppets "you cannot exist because you are not real so GO AWAY!" but not realizing he and all his sesame street freinds are all muppet cause his freinds one by one to dissapear forever,then after he relalizes HE is a muppet he starts dissapearing forever,and that's how the last episode of sesame street should end...

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Actually, I think that the characters from Sesame Street and TMS would get along better than others in this thread seem to think (or am I the only one here who doesn't seem to have temporarily forgotten Muppet Family Christmas?).

For starters, Robin would definately fit in on the street. I can see him showing up with Kermit on some "Take Your Niece/Nephew to Work Day" thing, and getting along fairly well with Big Bird, Prairie Dawn, Baby Bear and the rest.

Scooter is another TMS Muppet I can see fitting in on the Street. Perhaps working as a go-fer in the Mail-It shop, or behind the counter at Hooper's Store.

I can also see the Electric Mayhem playing a number (or three) at the Birdland club. I'll bet that back in the day Zoot and Hoots knew each other, although now Hoots remembers more about it than Zoot does.

And speaking of musician-types as well as Muppets and humans, Rowlf and Bob would definately get along.

Overall I think mostly everyone on the Street would be fairly accepting of the TMS Muppets. Sure, there may be some frazzled nerves (Boober: AHHHH! MY NERVES!) here and there, but nothing too serious.

-Kim

muppetmonster

Reaction score
Here are a few more things that I would think would happen if the MS muppets would visit the SS muppets:

Lew Zealand would move in with Ernie and become Ernie's new roomate. The humans on the street would build a duplex in the 123 Basement for the muppets, Bert and Marvin Suggs (or a muppet as similar to Bert as Lew Zealand is to Ernie). If this would not happen, I could see Lew Zealand and Marvin Suggs managing to kick Ernie and Bert out, and Ernie and Bert could come in retirement as shoe polishers.

Zoot and Hoots would have a sax contest. Don Music would team up with Rowlf, or possibly Dr. Teeth, and write music together. The Electric Mayhem could team up with Little Jerry and the Monotones.

Grover and Gonzo team up to perform an act together. Grover teaches Gonzo the Mexican Waiter Dance and Gonzo teaches Grover how to use the cannonball. Cookie Monster could pair up with Animal; Cookie Monster could show Animal how to host Monsterpiece Theater and Animal could show Cookie Monster how to be in the Electric Mayhem band, Janice could also show Prairie Dawn how to be in the Electric Mayhem band. Herry Monster could involve with a muppet from "The Muppet Show", but I am not very sure which one, maybe Crazy Harry, I'm not sure, or maybe Sweetums.

Oscar befriends Statler and Waldorf and introduces Grungetta to Astoria. Statler and Waldorf heckle the "Sesame Street" muppets.

I probably have a much bigger list, but this is as much as I can think of. If I have more ideas, I will let you guys know.

Muppetmonster

BEAR

Reaction score
That sounds okay. I just hope to God that some of these characters won't be paired too often. That is what makes certain pairs work together is that their personalities are not the same. It would be boring to have 2 Cookie Monsters/Animals together all the time

muppetmonster

Reaction score
I am sorry if I do not fully understand. But, are you trying to say that the muppets I suggest to meet, have the same personalities as each other?

I want to look:

Oscar is similar to Statler and Waldorf. I can see why they might be too similar. The both of them are grouchy and anti social to the other muppets.

Prairie Dawn and Janice are kind of similar, but I do not think they are too similar. Janice is much more of a personified rocker than Prairie Dawn is. Prairie Dawn seems to be much more calmer and talks about sex a lot less if not any.

I do not know Hoots, Don Music, and/or Little Jerry and the Monotones that much, so I can not really compare them with Zoot, Rowlf, Dr. Teeth, and the Electric Mayhem. But, Zoot and Hoots both play the sax, Don Music, Rowlf, and Dr. Teeth all play the piano, and the Electric Mayhem and Little Jerry and the Monotones, as well as other "Sesame Street" music bands (and maybe other "The Muppet Show" muppets, as well), are music bands.

Herry Monster and Crazy Harry have hardly anything in common, except the both of their names, both are voiced by Jerry Nelson, and (*I think*) both are inquisitive.

I can see the obvious resemblance between Cookie Monster and Animal, the both of them are voiced by Frank Oz, lack self control, and like to eat a lot. But, Animal did say in: "The Muppet Family Christmas", after Cookie Monster took Janice's cookies, she asked Animal who was that "strange blue creature", and he said that that creature (Cookie Monster) was his kind of fella.

I can also see the apparent similarities between Grover and Gonzo, besides the both of them are blue with reddish-purple noses, the both of them are heroic and like to perform great stunts (Super Grover and the Great Gonzo), the both of them are optistimic, and the both of are also happy-go-lucky, imaginative, and carefree.

And, last but not least Ernie and Lew Zealand and Bert and Marvin Suggs -

I do not know Marvin Suggs that much, but from what I do know about him, he is really similar to Bert, he may look nothing like him, but the both of them do act alike. At least, I think so anyway.

Now, as for Ernie and Lew Zealand. These two have a lot in common. Not only do they look nearly identical, but they act a lot alike, both have a toy that they like to play with and show off, the both them are happy-go-lucky, goofy/zany, surprising, love to sing, and love to play jokes and tricks on others. But, of course, Lew Zealand is much more similar to Ernie than Marvin Suggs is to Bert.

So, if these muppets meet each other, that might not be a bad thing. They may have a lot in common. But, maybe their similarities can start new shows and of the like. I can understand where you are coming from. But, what do you think?

Muppetmonster