What would your made up Muppet be?

Sunshineboz

Reaction score
So if you could add a Muppet that you create to any one of the shows / movies, what would it be?

I'm curious about favorites and creative drive.

Mine would have to be a Simple Grey and White Donkey named Fer-rer that makes bean bag noises when it walks and it would have to be on Sesame St.

He likes to dance because it sounds like Maracas! He'd be of Latin culture and all the kids can learn about more Latin culture in America or "on Sesame Street".
Boy I hope I'm not just bringing up an old character from my childhood.

beaker

Reaction score
Good question...while I havent been into puppetry or puppet making since the 80's, my idea for a Muppet would have to be something very colourful, wacky...like one of the "extremes"(a singing group from the Jim Henson Hour that also briefly was on Muppets Tonight) And like a giant peice of Tofu or a Koala. I think I'd name him 'Gadzooks' or something Muppety like that.

Sunshineboz

Reaction score
hahahaha, that's awesome Cory!! Tofutti, here we come! Eeek, gadzooks!

beaker

Reaction score
>>>hahahaha, that's awesome Cory!! Tofutti, here we come! Eeek, gadzooks!<<<

heh, thanx sunshine! Hey, Tofutti sounds cool! I could laso have
a plaid monster named 'Plaid'. I also have an idea for a hip and loud Koala named 'Jazz'. Sadly, I wouldnt know where to begin with modern puppet building, heh

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Sunshineboz
...that makes bean bag noises when it walks and it would have to be on Sesame St.

He likes to dance because it sounds like Maracas!
LOL!! I love it!!

Really!

I do!

:big_grin:

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Oh, dear! Wrong kinda question to ask me; we might be here a little while...

One of the first original ideas I had was spawned by Disney's latest movie "Lilo and Stitch." A Hawaiian Muppet (along the lines of Janice or Scooter) named Kamea (meaning "the one and only"). She loves to listen to blues, musical soundtracks and Elvis, she dances hula and plays the ukulele.

Next up is Linde, my Fraggle. She's about the same age as the Fraggle Five with light brown skin/fur (about the shade of Uncle Matt's) and curly pink hair. She likes to sing (there's the possibility of her being a Minstrel in her future), and her name comes from the Elvish translation of the name/word "melody." (yes, there actually is a site where I found that. It's almost frightening). Her evolution's been pretty interesting, as she started out as first an albino Fraggle, to a blind one and eventually to who she is now.

Just recently I've had ideas for an Oriental Muppet, either Chinese or Japanese. I've already got her appearance in mind (black or dark purple hair cut in a page boy style, wardrobe a shirt with an Oriental-style vest), but I'm lacking for a name. Guess that'll come when I figure out which country she hails from. Heck, I could decide that she's either Vietnamese or Korean instead!

Well, that's all for now, but you can be sure by the end of the night my muses will have thought up two or three more!

-Kim

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
I'm thinking of a termite muppet, maybe about the same size as a rat, since perspective would make it too small. It would have a voracious appetite but not so much that one couldn't negotiate to save their furniture.

And then, the termite would wear a pith helmet and ride on the back of a wiser ostrich.

I don't know where that thought came from. But I'm done now.

Sunshineboz

Reaction score
You guys have awesome ideas. Really thought provoking and some random which helps kids to accept all things and better yet...in the style of Henson...to learn to have a sense of humor and be able to be silly!

I love the underlying meanings, this is really very interesting.

(ok, who gets excited over Muppet's? Mama needs to take a breath.)

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
What's in a name?

I ask this question here since it kind of fits the theme of Sunshineboz's original topic. What's the most important thing to you when creating a fan-Muppet (character; I say character because I personally see Skeeter as a member of the Muppet family even though she only showed up in animated form)?

For me, it's the name. A name can say so much about someone, and even define their personality to some extent. I have a (rather dated, I'll admit) book of baby names and meanings, and I've bookmarked and saved on-line lists of baby names and meanings from different places, like France or Japan or Hawaii. There's even that page with the list of common names translated into Elvish.

I'll use my Fraggle, Linde, as an example. When she first popped into my head she was a colorless Fraggle (her hair, skin and fur were all white) named "Nokala." 'Kala' is the Hawaiian word for "color," and I just tacked "no" in front of it. Essentially her name meant "no color." Later on she was to have earned a new name (bestowed on her by either the World's Oldest Fraggle or Cantus), but I couldn't find one that I felt fit. Later when I changed her from being an albino to being blind, I couldn't decide on a permanent name for her. After leaving the idea alone for a little while, I came back and reworked it. She was now "Noinoa," a light-brown Fraggle with curly pink hair that wore a pink and white-checked romper. Her tentative backstory right now is that she was abandoned at birth without even being given a name, and any Fraggles she encountered called her "Noinoa," "no name." For that I basically did what I did for "Nokala," except I used the Hawaiian word for "name." In this incarnation she loved to sing and make music, and so I thought a musical-like name was appropriate. My first choice was "Melody," for obvious reasons, but it sounded too plain for Fraggle Rock. About that time I happened upon a website that had various names for boys and girls translated into Elvish by their meanings. Lo and behold, the name Melody was there, and it's elvish translation "Linde." So the Fraggle who had started out "Nokala" now had the permanent name of "Linde."

-Kim

fluffmuppet

Reaction score
I like to make up my own muppets, too!
http://www.geocities.com/sangopuppets/

I am working on sommore original creations, but I am thinking of making Janice, lol.

She looks like alot of fun to do and people say I do her voice impression almost too well, hehe. "Fur shure, y'know, like, peace love & like, granola, totally." You wouldn't bleive the laughs I get from saying that, hehe.

If you look at my avator pic, that's Gazami, my made up character. Nobody really knows if she is related to Gonzo or Red Fraggle or something, but she is probably a character I would be proud to use if I were ever allowed to used her for some sort of Muppet show, hehe. I'm my dreams, phht.