what years was Frazzle on SS and who performed him?

golden teeth

Reaction score
Remember Frazzle...the orangle monster with the long tounge. Who performed him what years?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Jerry Nelson performed Frazzle.

There was also an episode from 1993 where Frazzle is with a smaller human at the Furry Arms Hotel. Frazzle was acting out of controll in that scene while Ingrid (or maybe it was Humphrey) was saying that they didn't allow pets in the hotel, so Frazzle then actually said something coherrent the human (who was supposed to be his pet). I think he said "What am I supposed to do? Just leave him home while I travel? Well, we'll just have to go to another hotel." In that scene he was performed by Martin Robinson.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
They brought fazzle back in 93, but wiht some changes. He was much calmer then he had been in the past, he became more of a child, he had a Brithsh accent, and he had a mother who I believe also had a brithsh accent and spoke english. They also tried something similar wiith harry at the time by turing him into a kid, he even had what he called a dolly who's name I frogot. Does anyone remember the name of Herry's Dolly?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I also remembre an episode with Frazzle where he had to go to the dentist and was scared, so his mother had to help him understahd that going to the dentist is nothing to be afraid of.LOL.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I've seen that one on "Plaza Sesamo" recently. It turned out that the dentist was afriad of Frazzle!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
That's vary funny, LoL! But I have a question, does Plaza Sesamo show American episodes, how does that work?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I just saw "Elmopalooza" for the first time, and Frazzle shows up in that video!!! :smile:

golden teeth

Reaction score
To ilikemuppets...Plaza Sesamo has the main plot which is new made for Spanish TV. Their subplot stories are the same as Sesame Streets. They show the old Ernie and Bert sketches and show Frazzle sketches and stuff all in Spanish. They even have Kermit the frog on it in Spanish.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Thank you Golden Tooth, that was much helpful. The reason I asked was because I have seen Plaza Sesamo before and sense it is it's own production, I was comfused as to how that worked. I've seen the old American skits on the show before. one of the one I remember best seeing which I have also seen on the American show several times was the one where Cookie Monster was at the carnival and had to ring the bell with the mallet. the bell seemed rigged and on matter how hard Cookie Monster tried, he just could not ring tat bell. Cookie Monster almost gave up but was remotivated when the guy running the game mentioned that the prize was a cookie. Cookie Monster then proceded to tear the game into shreads thus winning the cookie. The cool part was that it was in spanish.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, I used to watch that show in the morning, but they recently changed the time and now it's on too early in the morning for me to get up.

I think that show is so much better than the American Sesame Street the way it is now. They play much more classic clips which haven't been seen on "Sesame Street" in who knows how long. And being a Spanish major, I understand the dialog pretty well.

(Well, except for that sketch where Kermit interviewed Telly and Mona and it ended with them dressing Kermit as a rabbit. I don't know what that was about.)

I also like that they use Kermit more often. Anyway, I know we're getting off the original topic about Frazzle, but I just thought I'd post my thoughts on that show.