What you get for free shipping.

BigzSarducci

Reaction score
I bought my Muppet Whatnot from FAO Schwartz with great joy the Muppet was the best purchase ever. Although my big german hands fit comfortably with no room to spare it's worth the price. The shipping for free I would not recommend cause it really blew chunks (UPS never completed end shipment to my front door). They wound up dropping it off at the wrong post office 45 minutes away in the wrong city. So if you plan to purchase from them spend the extra bucks for faster shipping. Let me know if you had similar experiences. I think the website design did not give it complete justice of actual end design (but good enough for me though). I know there are cheaper alternative's but shoosh it was my birthday present for me today. :smile:

~Bigz

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't know if this was actually an international order, but there's a problem with the US postal system that bugs me. Online merchandising companies ALWAYS make sweetheart deals with the big box shippers like UPS and FedEx. They don't do that great a job compared to the postal service. Other than the fact that twice when I ordered a DVD it fell off its spindle (but still managed to play), they've done a better, more solid job than the time I had to do one of the big box guys.

Also, free shipping is best for little trinkets like books, Cd's and DVD's. But it is a rule of thumb you should pay extra if it's something that really matters to you. Worst case scenario, there's probably insurance or tracking if something goes wrong.

BigzSarducci

Reaction score
I understand that so well, and thanks for the tip. I plan on paying extra (insurance etc) to avoid the annoying hiccups of a free service the next time. I might order another muppet whatnot eventually.

~Bigz