Whatever happened to Seymour

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
The Elephant from Muppets tonight. I was watching old episodes of the series and got me thinking about him. I don't think he was ever in anything else besides muppets tonight. Elephants are one of my favorite animals and I wish they would use him more. Has he been in any other productions or are there plans to put him in anything else? I guess he wasn't very popular or developed enough of a character and got forgotten.

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
I wish he was still being used, too. I really like elephants as well (aren't they cute?)

Brian Henson no longer does puppeteering stuff (I believe), so he may not come back now--but later?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Actually I think Brian Henson does still perform, but pretty much only for The Jim Henson Company. I don't think he's physically performed any Muppet characters since the Disney purchase.

Bill Baretta was asked why Seymour was dropped during an interview at The Muppet Mindset, and he wasn't sure. I think he speculated that Brian Henson might not have liked the character but wasn't sure there.

I asked Jim Lewis about this in one of the "Ask Jim Lewis" threads. I don't recall him giving a speciffic reason, just saying that Pepe can work well on his own but Seymour needing somebody to work off. I'll have to find the exact statement.

A long time ago back in 2002 I sent an e-mail to The Jim Henson Company, asking about Seymour. I can't remember how I worded the question, but I think I asked why Seymour and Pepe stopped appearing as a team, and the reply I got was a quick "They broke up the act - That's show biz!" response. Too bad I couldn't get a real behind-the-scenes reason.

And of course there have been a few times when Pepe said what happened to Seymour (I believe the Muppet Wiki page for Seymour notes down both of these). At Muppetfest Pepe said that Seymour was living in a condo in Florida, while a few years ago on a talk show appearance Pepe said that his green card expired and had to move to india.

It's a shame that Seymour didn't appear in any of the Muppet comic books (or did he and I just don't know? Muppet Robin Hood is the only Muppet Classics comic that I've managed to find).

Canadian Fan

Reaction score
Bill Baretta and Brian Henson had two comedic duos as Pepe and Seymour and Johnny Fiama and Sal Minelo. Brian's a really good puppeteer (reminds me of his father in a way), I'm not even sure if he puppeteered any Muppet specials since Disney took over the Muppets.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
no i dont he performs muppets after disney bought them because he didn't perform sal for bohemian rhapsody but he might return to them maybe for the new movie:smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Actually I think Brian Henson does still perform, but pretty much only for The Jim Henson Company. I don't think he's physically performed any Muppet characters since the Disney purchase.
Did he not perform Sal for Mwoo then? (Haha, Mwoo...Haven't made that sound in a while.)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Did he not perform Sal for Mwoo then? (Haha, Mwoo...Haven't made that sound in a while.)
He only performed the voice in that production.

I was just reading Sal's page at Muppet Wiki, and according to that Brian Henson's last performance as Sal was in an appearance at The Jerry Lewis Telehon in 2005, after The Muppets' Wizard of Oz aired.

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
ok thanks for the info you guys. I guess there are so many muppets, its kind of hard to keep them all in the mainstream.