What's in a Nerd?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Am I a nerd?.....Well I guess I could be. But according to my Dad I'm a jacka**! We play that game to each other all the time.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Nerds in the movies

Revenge of the Nerds is mentioned in the movie American Splendor.Toby considers himself to be a nerd.He used to be on MTV,reporting on Spring Break.

Anthony Michael Hall in 16 Candles is cast as The Geek('nother name for nerd).

Any other 'nerd' movie references you can think of?

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought that was funny when I saw "American Splendor." I think they also might have mentioned "Revenge of the Nerds" on "Freaks and Geeks;" a friend of mine got the DVD from the library and I watched half the episodes. Really good show. :cool:
Erin

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I'm a nerd, but I'm proud to say so! I'm not a geek though; there's a big difference!!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Nerds are book people; geeks are fan-boys. We in the local Star Wars Fan Force call ourselves geeks.

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
Well I guess I am a Muppet Geek myself. I love Muppets, Puppets, and anything basically related to the like. I don't know as much as a lot of folks on the subject (Kev for instance) But I do share the love for these wonderful creatures with a lot of these folks on here and around the world.

My Husband on the other hand is a Nerd...he knows EVERYTHING about Transformers. I mean EVERYTHING!!!! But everyone has to have a passion for something. Why not robots?

I'm proud to me a Muppet Geek!

Manda:-D

Reaction score
I'm a Muppet-animation-children's books-Stargate-foreign films-DC heroes-giant robots-LOTR-C.S. Lewis-history-and long since dead poets geek. (And on, and on, and on...)
So, yeah...Geek. BIIIIIIG geek.