1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What's in store for the Muppets in 2012 article

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by frog75, Dec 8, 2011.

1. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

I've got that book. Someone found it at a thrift shop for me. It really does have some nice illustrations in it.
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Langridge has slowly become one of my favorite comic book artists... and not even for the Muppet Show either. I strongly recommend Snarked. It has a wonderful old school Thimble Theater (the Popeye comics when they were GOOD) quality to them, but somehow more modern. I also thumbed through "The Show Must Go On" at a bookstore yesterday. Now that's something I'm going to have to pick up when I get the money and find it again.

I've been reading licensed character comics for years, and the Muppet Show/Muppet Classics rank very high, if not the top of that heap. The only other ones I'd say are that great are the Archie Sonic line (as well as Mega Man), and maybe Boom's Darkwing Duck line. I don't count the old Carl Barks/Don Rosa Scrooge McDuck comics. But I've seen crap come out, even of my favorite characters. There were Ren and Stimpy comics where the artist literally pulled faces out of the style guide. Didn't even trace them... just copied them.
  3. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

As weird and bad as the mo-cap is, it WAS for this Tin-Tin too, that was the least of its problems. Bad story and storytelling. Uninvolved, passive protagonist. Seemingly unending action scenes. Bad pacing. It felt like the director was playing with his new toys and forgot that he was supposed to be entertaining his audience and telling a story. Blecch! i want MY freekin MONEY BACK!! :attitude:
  4. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

Don't know how to respond to that; we were watching different movies. Sorry you felt that way.
    Drtooth likes this.
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

It's literally the BEST thing Steven Spielberg did in years. Almost 1980's Spielberg quality. If only Indiana Jones 4 were more like it.
  6. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! They're working with the muppets more! YaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaYZ!