What's My Part - Nose

Soul H

Reaction score
In the game What's My Part, there were monsters as constestents. As we all know Cookie Monster was one of them, but what were the names of the other two monsters? I know one was a boy and one was a girl.

By the way, what body parts did they guess?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
guest monsters

One was a blue monster with sharp teeth performed by Jerry Nelson. He was Bennett Snerf (nice parody of Bennett Cerf, who's son Christopher was the voice of Chrissy (of...and the Alphabeats) and who produced a bunch of Sesame videos in the 90's and who is now the Executive Producer of another great PBS show Between the Lions).

The second monster was a green shaggy thing performed by Fran Brill, and she was Arlene Frantic (Arlene Francis).

Arlene and Bennett were both regular panelists on What's My Line? which can still be seen on the Game Show Network.

There was another What's My Part? skit where a foot was the guest, but the Muppets on the panel were humans. You had Arlene, Bennett, and Professor Hastings (voiced by Frank Oz).

Oh yeah, the monster counterparts tried to guess the guest was a nose. Even after they took off the blindfolds, they still couldn't figure it out.

Mokeystar

Reaction score
That's what happens when you put a bunch of "noseless" monsters on the panel! :smile:

Soul H

Reaction score
I see. But what I also want to know was what body parts did Bennet (both monster and normal), Arlene (same category), and Cookie Monster guess?

By the way: what was the mystery part when Prof. Hastings was a contestent? I reckon he was still his usual boring self.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Soul H said:
By the way: what was the mystery part when Prof. Hastings was a contestent? I reckon he was still his usual boring self.
It was a foot.

SesameMike

Reaction score
Soul H said:
The mystery part was a foot. During this game, Prof. Hastings was kinda tired or spaced out the whole time. Whenever the game show host would call on him, Hastings replied with something like

PROF: "...and our lecture for today is"
HOST: "You're not giving a lecture, you're playing our game!"

He was the third panelist, and when the host called on him the last time..."

PROF: "My foot is asleep."
HOST: "What's that??"
PROF: "I said my FOOT is asleep."
HOST: "You said 'foot'! You are the winner!"

Though Hastings was so tired, he was kind of oblivious to the whole victory.