What's the deal about Cousin Monster

Thijs

Reaction score
I want this case closed forever: that little monster, related to Cookie, who doesn't like cookies, but eats Ernie's vegetables, is that Cousin Monster or Cookie's sister?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Thijs. As far as I know, that's Cousin Monster. She was also refered to as such in the sketch where Cookie Monster stands with her in front of an open closet full of cookies and asks her to name something there he loves that starts with the letter C. She keeps guessing different vegetables, and finishes by saying the something Cookie loves that starts with C is "cousin". Cookie then hugs her, with a sort of disbelief look in his eyes that she couldn't guess cookies.

As far as Cookie Monster's Sister, maybe we'd have to ask some of the other sources here on the board like muppet_dk or MuppetDude. Hope that helps.

Thijs

Reaction score
So, this is probably the deal: that monster I referred to is Cousin Monster, and Cookie's Sister doesn't exist, and they got mixed up because of the European dubs.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Looks like this bears investigation. Think I'll check in with my sources regarding the matter. Will let you know if I find out anything.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Thijs said:
So, this is probably the deal: that monster I referred to is Cousin Monster, and Cookie's Sister doesn't exist, and they got mixed up because of the European dubs.
Almost. In the previously mentioned thread, I mentioned:

In "Me Gotta Be Blue", he identifies Cousin Monster as his sister!

Maybe they were going to use the puppet to make a different character, but decided to keep the original design.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I have a cousin who is like a sister to me. We've called each other brother and sister before. Maybe it's something like that?

Thijs

Reaction score
Maybe it's the same puppet, the same character, but a different 'name'. The thing is of course that it's not just a name, but a relationship too.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So... Should Cookie Monster's Sister and Cousin Monster both stay on the list?