What's The Deal On Oscar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

Reaction score
O.K., so since Carroll isn't doing Big Bird any more, what about Oscar? (Not sure who the culprit is doing him, but Big Bird sounds like Barney The Dino on helium, and I hate the way they got both wings moving.) Have they ruined Oscar too? The couple of bits I saw recently could have been old, so what's the deal?

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
Tim said:
O.K., so since Carroll isn't doing Big Bird any more, what about Oscar? (Not sure who the culprit is doing him, but Big Bird sounds like Barney The Dino on helium, and I hate the way they got both wings moving.) Have they ruined Oscar too? The couple of bits I saw recently could have been old, so what's the deal?
Caroll wrote to me and told me that he still does BB and :grouchy: both.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wha-huh? Caroll Spinney still performs Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch on Sesame Street. He's even gone on record saying he'd like to keep performing Big Bird until he can't lift the costume's head up right any longer.
As for the other performer voicing Big Bird... That'd most likely be Matt Vogel who voices BB for the computer generated or blue screen segments like Journey To Ernie, or when he was shrunk and turned into Little Big Bird in the Season 36 2-part episode season finale.
Hope this helps.

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
The Count said:
He's even gone on record saying he'd like to keep performing Big Bird until he can't lift the costume's head up right any longer.
I heard that too.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
I heard Jim Martin does Oscar when Carroll's in the Big Bird suit and both characters are on screen together. And then Carroll loops in Oscar's voice afterwards.

Tim

Reaction score
I saw B.B. on the Street in the nest working with (the fake) Bert, and it was NOT Carroll, so maybe he's pulling a Regis/Johhny Carson bit and slowly pulling out while he passes the torch.

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
Matt Vogle only playes him during Journey to Ernie, hes kinda an understudy, He will take over when Caroll stops doing it. (and the time is comming, lets face it guys, hes getting up there, most people are retired by his age, and Big Bird is not an easy work out to play) So please dont diss Matt too much, its hard to follow what Caroll has done, but someone has to do it. He tries hard im sure, but hes NOT Caroll, but Caroll cant do it for much longer, and they have to be ready for that time. They cant write Big Bird out of the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.