1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

What's the Muppet Telethon's phone number?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Walter, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member

Can somebody please write down the Muppet Telethon phone number for me.. It appears at least twice in the film on the television screens in people's homes. I couldn't get it all down.. It was like 1-877-...That's all I got. What was interesting is that it wasn't a 555 number.

2. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Sorry I just got back from the movie (for the third time). If I would have seen this thread before I would have definatley wrote it down. If I go again soon I'll check.

3. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

someone should call it

4. Muppet fan 123

Yes! I would love to help the Muppets save their theater!!

5. muppetlover123

lol i wonder what number it goes to or if its made up

6. Muppet fan 123

Well there probably is a number out there that exists that happens to be the same number as on screen

7. muppetlover123

8. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

It's funny unless you have that number, you know. Imagine NEVER getting any rest because some idiot phone company assigns you a once-famous number.

Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  9. gbrobeck

gbrobeck Well-Known Member

877-504-8423. Feel free to call it... Disney has actually used it in several TV shows and movies.

10. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

Ha curiosity got the better of my and i called tad hilarious..

11. Muppet fan 123

Wow! just called it.
    The message was.....
    "Hi you have reached ABC, the number you have called is a fictional number used in motion pictures and TV."
    Thanks for showing us that, very cool

12. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member

Thanks! I wanted it for collectable reasons, I have a collection of phone numbers used in the movies, some of them actually work! For example, Flynn's Arcade from TRON and Old Man Carl's from monsters Vs Aliens. alot of them dont work or are not valid, such as Doc Brown's number from BTTF or Mirage's number from the incredibles(but it did work at one time!)