What's the Name of that song?

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
There are several versions of this song I have seen over the years. The first one I don't remember as a child because it was for my time but was on Noggin. It was the 1974 Season Premire. Then they sang it again in the 1992-1993 Season. I seem to remember a sketch from the 80's when Forgetful Jones sang it, (with some other Cowboys?) Ernie and Bert sang it together in a nighttime/bedroom sketch. I remember Gina, Herry Monster and the kids singing it in a 29th Season episode. That may have been the last time it was on the show. I think they should sing it again sometime soon. It's important to keep classic songs like this alive. I mean the original from 1974 is my favorite, but it's highly doubtful theyr'e gonna show that one on today's show, with Mr. Hooper, David, and a very young looking Maria, Luis, Gordon and Susan.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
No fair I asked you first

BEAR said:
The name of the song is "What's the Name of That Song"
That's what I'm asking you: What's the name of that song?

DTF

Reaction score
abiraniriba said:
That's what I'm asking you: What's the name of that song?
See, that's all there is to it. It was easy, huh?

They play that every time our first baseman goes up to bat.

Tonichelle

Reaction score
superfan said:
I love that song. It sticks in your head and then you can't get it out! haha!
I KNOW! It is really cute, but so insanely annoying after a while...

I think that's another one of the SS/Muppet legacies lol

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
BooberFraggless said:
There are several versions of this song I have seen over the years. The first one I don't remember as a child because it was for my time but was on Noggin. It was the 1974 Season Premire. Then they sang it again in the 1992-1993 Season. I seem to remember a sketch from the 80's when Forgetful Jones sang it, (with some other Cowboys?) Ernie and Bert sang it together in a nighttime/bedroom sketch. I remember Gina, Herry Monster and the kids singing it in a 29th Season episode. That may have been the last time it was on the show. I think they should sing it again sometime soon. It's important to keep classic songs like this alive. I mean the original from 1974 is my favorite, but it's highly doubtful theyr'e gonna show that one on today's show, with Mr. Hooper, David, and a very young looking Maria, Luis, Gordon and Susan.
Thanks for that information, Boober. I was wondering about that myself. I'm assuming that was Roscoe Orman's first appearance on the show. I remember the one you were talking about with Forgetful. I don't think anybody sang it there. They just played it on the piano and Forgetful kept asking the name of the song. Similar to what Abrianriba is doing now. Lol. Then there is one I've heard that probably came out in the 90s which included Telly and Mr. Hanford. I've heard that one on music samples at Barns and Noble. I guess the most recent one is the one with Bert and Ernie which is still played on the show today.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
DTF said:
See, that's all there is to it. It was easy, huh?

They play that every time our first baseman goes up to bat.
I guess you're the only one here who knows the famoous Abbot & Costello "Who's On First" Routine. That's the problem with jokes with out of date references they tend to bomb more as they get older.

DTF

Reaction score
abiraniriba said:
I guess you're the only one here who knows the famoous Abbot & Costello "Who's On First" Routine. That's the problem with jokes with out of date references they tend to bomb more as they get older.
Yeah, although I think 1-2 of the people might have gotten it and just egged you on to see if you'd keep saing it. That's another problem with those jokes.

I'm a huge fan of them; and as I work in our church's middle schoold epartment, I'm often encourging the kids to find their stuff, as it's so good and wholesome. My buddies and I used to spend hours doing that stuff, to the point where you'd think we actually knew people named Who, Wahst, etc.. Sometimes everytime one said "who" another said "that's right."

superfan

Reaction score
And the song version on the Songs From the Street collection include, Elmo, Prairie Dawn and Rosita. I haven't the CD heere in front of me, but it's what I could remember from playing it for my class today.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Yeah I kind of figured that too

DTF said:
Yeah, although I think 1-2 of the people might have gotten it and just egged you on to see if you'd keep saing it. That's another problem with those jokes.

I'm a huge fan of them; and as I work in our church's middle schoold epartment, I'm often encourging the kids to find their stuff, as it's so good and wholesome. My buddies and I used to spend hours doing that stuff, to the point where you'd think we actually knew people named Who, Wahst, etc.. Sometimes everytime one said "who" another said "that's right."
Well not all my plans can work out as well my attempt at having the muppets as houseguests did. You are not quite right about Abbot & Costello being wholesome though while most of their stuff is clean by today's standards they also did some stuff that was pretty raunchy even in their day check out this exchange:

Costello: Popcorn, Cigarettes, Magazines. Popcorn, Cigarettes, Magazines.
Abbot: Hey buddy, you got nuts?
Costello: Nope no nuts.
Abbot: Oh, do you have dates?
Costello: Hey if I had nuts, I'd have dates!!! :smirk:

Hopefully this exchange will never show up in any of your church's plays.