What's the Story, Wishbone?

yetiman

Reaction score
It seems like all the cool kids are posting about old PBS shows. Did anyone else grow up watching Wishbone, with the dog that imagines he's characters in great works of literature? Looking back, they handled some pretty heavy themes, like the French Revolution and the guillotining of Sydney Carton in A Tale of Two Cities and making deals with the devil in Faust. The kids always learned a valuable lesson in the end, though.

Now I want to watch it again...

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I have a confession to make -

I was much older than the "target audience" that Wishbone was aiming to serve, but I watched this show religiously when I was home to see it. You want to know something? Having watched it really helped me when studying some of these classic tales in high school AND college! It was almost better than Cliff's Notes!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
You know beth! I actually like and watched this show to. Even though my younger brother was the big fan of the show. It is a very well written and good show! I though PBS Kids still had a lot of good shows on at this time. And it did come in handy late in high school literature!

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I didn't watch it, mainly because I didn't have PBS. I had friends who were really into it though.

Telly

Reaction score
I wish this show would come out on DVD! It was the start of my obsession with Jack Russell Terriors!

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I was outside the demographic by the time it came out, but I did watch it :smile: