mo

Reaction score
what's worse:
being alone
or
thinking your alone when your not?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Probably the former... or at least, there's all these psychological studies that suggest that single people, or people who live alone otherwise, die sooner than people who are married or have some form of companionship.

The latter on the other hand, that could be a whole other problem altgoether. I mean if you think you're alone when you're not, I guess that probably means someone you are with isn't making any kind of effort to at least keep the friendship, companionship, relationship, marriage, etc. going strong, and believe me, there's a few people in my life I wonder why I'm friends with.

Reactions: mo

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
For me it's definitely being alone. Even though I'm married it still worries me what if I really will be alone someday? I know it's stupid to think about but it's probably one of the biggest fears in life I have.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't know how stupid it is, it seems like being alone is a rather common fear that a lot of people have... or at least, it seems like a lot of people drop to their knees and cry out into the void of their dispair, "I don't wanna die aloooooooone!!!"

But I mean, hasn't Lady Gaga said something along the lines of she has to have someone in a room with her at all times because she's that scared of being alone?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I think for me it's a fear of not being loved or needed anymore.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------
"We all die alone and afraid, Joel."

I used to be afraid of it. Now I'd relish it. I hate living with other people. And, really, all of us ARE already alone in our heads and always will be. Just accept it and move on. Even the most intimate companionship is still not a mind-meld; we are all alone. Period.

That shouldn't be a downer, folks. It's just reality.
----------------

Hayley B

Reaction score
I'll go with "being alone". I've done that for eight years in an apartment. Alot of times I wish there was another person to help over somethings.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I like being alone a lot of the time; it gives me space to breathe and not have to worry about the actions of others (especially my family :smirk:). However, there are plenty of times where I wish I had a good friend close by for support. It's a situational thing for me.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think I have to agree with Charlie's sentiments... I'm usually something of a loner myself, I think it has something to do with not too many others wanting to hang out with me growing up (let's face it, even as a kid, I was too eccentric for my own good), so I've learned to adjust to basically having to be on my own, in a sense, like with group projects in school, I was always the one who wasn't allowed to have any input in the project for whatever reason, so yeah, I'm used to be brushed aside, and sometimes, I still feel like some of my friends do that to me as well. I do believe that actual friendship still exists, it's just become something of a rarity in this day and age.

And likewise, like Charlie said, there are some times where I actually would prefer to have someone there, even just to have someone to talk to, and it never fails whenever those moments spring up, my best friend seems to always sense it, because she'll be available for a talk... likewise, apparently I usually turn up available when she has similar little episodes.

mo

Reaction score
the whole question was because I was alone in my house which is a friggin fossil, and I kept hearing noises.
I thought I was alone
but I wasnt sure...
but both ways to interpret it work!
I love philosophy!