1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

What's Worse?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mo, Sep 15, 2012.

1. mo Well-Known Member

what's worse:
    being alone
    or
    thinking your alone when your not?
  2. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Probably the former... or at least, there's all these psychological studies that suggest that single people, or people who live alone otherwise, die sooner than people who are married or have some form of companionship.

The latter on the other hand, that could be a whole other problem altgoether. I mean if you think you're alone when you're not, I guess that probably means someone you are with isn't making any kind of effort to at least keep the friendship, companionship, relationship, marriage, etc. going strong, and believe me, there's a few people in my life I wonder why I'm friends with.
    mo likes this.
  3. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

For me it's definitely being alone. Even though I'm married it still worries me what if I really will be alone someday? I know it's stupid to think about but it's probably one of the biggest fears in life I have.
  4. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I don't know how stupid it is, it seems like being alone is a rather common fear that a lot of people have... or at least, it seems like a lot of people drop to their knees and cry out into the void of their dispair, "I don't wanna die aloooooooone!!!"

But I mean, hasn't Lady Gaga said something along the lines of she has to have someone in a room with her at all times because she's that scared of being alone?
  5. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I think for me it's a fear of not being loved or needed anymore.
  6. newsmanfan Well-Known Member

--------------
    "We all die alone and afraid, Joel."

I used to be afraid of it. Now I'd relish it. I hate living with other people. And, really, all of us ARE already alone in our heads and always will be. Just accept it and move on. Even the most intimate companionship is still not a mind-meld; we are all alone. Period.

That shouldn't be a downer, folks. It's just reality.
    ----------------
  7. Hayley B Active Member

I'll go with "being alone". I've done that for eight years in an apartment. Alot of times I wish there was another person to help over somethings.
  8. charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I like being alone a lot of the time; it gives me space to breathe and not have to worry about the actions of others (especially my family :smirk:). However, there are plenty of times where I wish I had a good friend close by for support. It's a situational thing for me.
    MissMusical12 likes this.
  9. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I think I have to agree with Charlie's sentiments... I'm usually something of a loner myself, I think it has something to do with not too many others wanting to hang out with me growing up (let's face it, even as a kid, I was too eccentric for my own good), so I've learned to adjust to basically having to be on my own, in a sense, like with group projects in school, I was always the one who wasn't allowed to have any input in the project for whatever reason, so yeah, I'm used to be brushed aside, and sometimes, I still feel like some of my friends do that to me as well. I do believe that actual friendship still exists, it's just become something of a rarity in this day and age.

And likewise, like Charlie said, there are some times where I actually would prefer to have someone there, even just to have someone to talk to, and it never fails whenever those moments spring up, my best friend seems to always sense it, because she'll be available for a talk... likewise, apparently I usually turn up available when she has similar little episodes.
  10. mo Well-Known Member

the whole question was because I was alone in my house which is a friggin fossil, and I kept hearing noises.
    I thought I was alone
    but I wasnt sure...
    but both ways to interpret it work!
    I love philosophy!
  11. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Well see, you didn't say that, so we wouldn't know that's what you meant by your question, we were interpreting it as something different.
    mo likes this.
  12. heralde Well-Known Member

I think it all depends on context. For instance, if you think you're alone, but there's actually a burglar in the house, then that would be worse, lol.
    mo and Hubert like this.
  13. mo Well-Known Member

sorry I'm terrible at typing and sometmies my wordss get fvdjm,l.sap;'vph.....or I foreget something.
  14. newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-------------
    Could just be a ghost. :)

-------------
    mo likes this.
  15. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

It wasn't me, you can't prove anything! I mean...uh...

But seriously, old houses creak and stuff. And then there is the whole EMF thing that can actually cause you to feel as if someone else is there with you. Yay, science! XD
  16. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Ah, but I SAW the ghost who kept visiting me a few years ago... how does science explain that?
  17. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I would need more information than that to determine possible causes :p

But actually, I do believe that ghosts exist.
    heralde likes this.
  18. heralde Well-Known Member

I mean I try to believe that people continue to exist after they die, so if we want to call that ghosts that's fine. But I think the majority of so-called ghost sightings (i.e. those ghost hunter shows) are hoaxes or just honest mistakes.
  19. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Well, yeah. I'm not one of those people to jump to the conclusion something is a ghost without exploring the natural possibilities of what could have caused it. Probably why I like Ghost Hunters as they tend to try to debunk ghost sightings, while still keeping a relatively open mind that *something* could be going on.
  20. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Excuse me, I'm sorry. I meant to say spirit.