What's wrong with Barnes & Noble? See inside...

dmx10101

Reaction score
Ok,
I went to Barnes & Noble today since everybody is saying about all this different Muppet stuff they have for sale there. Well, guess what when I was there today I found One (1) Muppet item out of the whole******* ******** ******** *** store!!!!:concern: A Magic 8-ball Muppet Show edition. Nothing else. I searched the whole store kids, gifts, all book aisles, up front by registers, and no luck! What is wrong with my****** ******* ****** **** ***** city??:sympathy: No Suncoast, Music Land. Target with no videos and just a couple diff. figures, and now B&N with no Muppet stuff!! Is there anywhere else I can find Muppet stuff besides the internet?? :confused:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds like your local Barnes and Noble is sold out of everything else right now. I understand your frustration, but at least people in your area are buying Muppet stuff at that store. It might be worth your while to politely ask the store manager if they will be getting more Muppet stuff in the future. That will help them to know that you want to see more of it.

beaker

Reaction score
Muppets are still very underground...they may be more recognized than Mickey Mouse the world over...and everyone in the world knows who the Muppets are...but as far as the collector market its still not so mainstream.

Most Barnes and Nobles only got a miniscule Muppets setup. Your best bet is Suncoast...I think you will be more than pleasantly surprised there, if your local suncoast is anything like mine. They even dwarf Hot Topic as far as Muppet stuff. Suncoast, when it comes to Muppet Show stuff is bar none thee place...for Fraggle Rock its Hot Topic, and Sesame Street is claires and Hot Topic.

Ack, ok reread your post...no suncoast??? :frown:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
That and our friend is wanting stuff on sale. It's 50% off at the local Bookstar!!

Friday I plan on going shopping, should there be anything left! I want to get some calendars, too; but they did have the Sababa EM plush there!

mupvisiongirl

Reaction score
As someone who works at the mall right now (oh the horror!) I can tell ya that most stores are really low on popular merchandise because they either got wiped out during the holidays or during the ever-so-painful after christmas sales. Be patient! :big_grin:

Ryan

Reaction score
beaker said:
Muppets are still very underground...they may be more recognized than Mickey Mouse the world over...and everyone in the world knows who the Muppets are...
Mmm..I don't know about that. I know many people who have (believe it or not) never heard of the Muppets, or just flat out cannot stand them. :sympathy:

beaker

Reaction score
Ryan said:
Mmm..I don't know about that. I know many people who have (believe it or not) never heard of the Muppets, or just flat out cannot stand them. :sympathy:
It's our mission as Muppet missionaries to show them the truth and procilitize them to the glorious trumpeted magic of our beloved fleece and foam friends.
So many people have lost their sense of wonder and imagination, they just need some time.

Now...as for Muppet stuff on sale...Im not quite sure where you can find that, as Im not sure Muppet xmas stuff would neccesarily be marked down.
Then again I got both MCC pvc boxes for one $16 price(gotta love newbie cashiers, hehe)

rexcrk

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear about how you can't find anything :sympathy: I've been there :rolleyes: . BUT! The other day, me and my family went to Barnes and Noble and they had a (while very small) Muppet set up! They had the set of Muppet Christmas Carol PVCs w/ Waldorf, Fozziwig, and the Ghost of Christmas Present, a couple of the Magic 8 Balls, some of each of the cars, a couple chess sets, the puzzle, a little Muppet Christmas book, and Muppet Monopoly. My dad, being the Muppet Christmas Carol fan that he is, bought the PVC set and then later suggested we go to the other Barnes and Noble for the other set! I was so happy :big_grin: and they *did* have the other set, plus dominoes (my dad got those too! :smile: ). That was a good day...

dmx10101

Reaction score
rexcrk said:
I'm sorry to hear about how you can't find anything :sympathy: I've been there :rolleyes: . BUT! The other day, me and my family went to Barnes and Noble and they had a (while very small) Muppet set up! They had the set of Muppet Christmas Carol PVCs w/ Waldorf, Fozziwig, and the Ghost of Christmas Present, a couple of the Magic 8 Balls, some of each of the cars, a couple chess sets, the puzzle, a little Muppet Christmas book, and Muppet Monopoly. My dad, being the Muppet Christmas Carol fan that he is, bought the PVC set and then later suggested we go to the other Barnes and Noble for the other set! I was so happy :big_grin: and they *did* have the other set, plus dominoes (my dad got those too! :smile: ). That was a good day...
Sounds like you got lucky, I wish I could say the same for me. I'll have to take Phillip Chapmans advice and ask for more Muppet merchandise.