When did David and Maria break up?

Censored

Reaction score
Fraggleforever said:
I may have the answer to the question. 4 years ago I was watching the Sesame Street Biography on A&E, and they were saying something about a show being canceled. The show was about divorce. So, I believe that is the answer to why David and Maria broke up.

That can't be it. David and Maria were never married and the show about divorce was originally planned to air around 1990, long after Maria and David had already "broken up."

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I've often wondered who would have gotten divorced if that episode actually did air. It probably wouldn't have been Maria and Luis, since around the time they were just recently married. Susan and Gordon might have been a possibility, since Susan isn't around as much any more, but that's also unlikely. My guess is that they would have just used random people or maybe anything Muppets. I guess the closest they got to this was when Kermit interviewed that baby bird who lived in two different trees.

Sorry for getting off topic again, but I remember hearing about an episode about divorce being planned and I thought I'd post my thoughts on that.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
Believe it or not, this episode was supposed to be about Snuffy's parents getting divorced, and Snuffy being all sad about it. Big Bird, and the rest of the adults were to console him and make him feel better about it. It wouldn't have been such a bad idea, since Snuffy's parents were seldom seen charachters on the show. It could have been just as touching and had just as much as an impact as the I'll miss you Mr. Looper episode.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I agree that would have been a really good idea. They really should reconsider doing an ep like that.

One thing I've noticed about Snuffy is during the first half of the season he got quite a bit of airtime, but since the new eps started in November, he hasn't been seen at all. Doing an episode like that would be a good way to give Snuffy a new storyline.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
BEAR said:
They are referring to an episode about divorce that was filmed and showed to their test audience of kids. The kids couldn't really handle it and the writers didn't really know of any way to discuss it in an honest way. They never aired the episode. i for one do not know who was supposed to be getting divorced on the show because they never specified in the interview. I don't know what David and Maria have to do with it. They were never even married to begin with. How could they get divored. I dunno.. Hope that helps.
I would love to see that episode.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
superfan said:
In Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, Maria and David are all snuggly on the subway (True Blue Miracle song)...David looks lovingly at Maria while she sings her part. Aaaaw! :flirt:
As was stated on "Toughtpigs" She looks a bit uncomfortable on the kissing part.

BEAR

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
As was stated on "Toughtpigs" She looks a bit uncomfortable on the kissing part.

I always thought that too. I wonder if that was Sonia's first onscreen romance.

Censored

Reaction score
O is for Obscure Muppet

You know, through the years on Sesame Street various "one-time" muppets have popped up, but they all seemed to have a the classic Anything Muppet look and see like they could have appeared other times in different forms.

However, in the very early skit, "A is for Adorable" where an unknown male muppet goes through the alphabet blocks as he sings to his girlfriend (and later Cookie Monster), the male muppets looks nothing like any character I have ever seen on Sesame Street any other time. The muppet's whole face and mouth seemed to be put together differently than the average Henson muppet. It almost seemed like it might have been a non-Henson muppet that was borrowed for the show. Either that or an earlier version of Henson's work. Again, I cannot recall seeing this male muppet in any other skit on Sesame Street ever. The female muppet, on the other hand, looked like the typical Henson Anything Muppet. Interesting.

:confused:

BEAR

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
You know, through the years on Sesame Street various "one-time" muppets have popped up, but they all seemed to have a the classic Anything Muppet look and see like they could have appeared other times in different forms.

However, in the very early skit, "A is for Adorable" where an unknown male muppet goes through the alphabet blocks as he sings to his girlfriend (and later Cookie Monster), the male muppets looks nothing like any character I have ever seen on Sesame Street any other time. The muppet's whole face and mouth seemed to be put together differently than the average Henson muppet. It almost seemed like it might have been a non-Henson muppet that was borrowed for the show. Either that or an earlier version of Henson's work. Again, I cannot recall seeing this male muppet in any other skit on Sesame Street ever. The female muppet, on the other hand, looked like the typical Henson Anything Muppet. Interesting.

:confused:
What about it?