When Fozzie Lost His Funny

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Oh yes, it was hilarious! That, and the rest of the chapter! Pepe threatening Kermit with that crazed look in his eyes, and the possibilities of what might arise from him in partnership with Muppet Labs.
Loved the whole scene with Rizzo and the guy on the phone, and with Rowlf in the canteen. I love Rolf, Rizzo, and even Miss Piggy now more becauuse of this story. Shucks, I love 'em all! I wonder how Fozzie is doing on his date...
Hope you enjoyed your honeymoon, by the way.

MarkFraggle

Reaction score
Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

Fozzie had a sneaking suspicion his date was not going well. To start with, he couldn't understand a word his date was saying -- mostly because it was all clucks and bawks. And it didn't help that Gonzo had taken them to an All Night Sushi Bar with a catch your own live fish requirement. Fozzie had failed terribly at catching a fish (his hands weren't fast enough), and eventually Gonzo had to dive into the large tank to fetch dinner for all four of them.

Why did I ever let Gonzo set me up with someone? Fozzie thought miserably. Thankfully, dismal internal thoughts were interrupted by the waitress arriving with the dinner Gonzo had caught.

"Your fish," the waitress flatly announced. She dropped four plates into the center of the table and walked away, much to the despair of Fozzie, who had been hoping to ask for another glass of water -- he'd downed the first one within two minutes of sitting at the table. His date Matilda noticed Fozzie's problem and shyly pushed her water glass across the table to the bear. She'd ordered a lemonade, anyway, and didn't need the extra drink.

"Oh, that's okay," stammered Fozzie. "You can keep it, I'll just get ..." Fozzie dumped the glass of water all over Matilda in his attempt to return it to her. Fozzie turned bright red, and completely failed to get out a coherent apology due to another fit of stammers.

"I'm ... I mean ... er ... if you ... er ... I'm so ... so very ... I ..."

Matilda clucked understandingly, and Camilla and Gonzo laughed. The two chickens headed off for the ladies room.

"Gonzo!" said Fozzie in a panic. "What did she say?"

"It's okay. she just said not to worry, she wasn't offended."

"Oh good," said Fozzie without much feeling. As his thoughts caught up with him he asked "but why did you all laugh?"

"Matilda asked if you thought she was a duck."

"Whaaa? No, of course not! I would never ... "

"She meant it as a joke, Fozzie. Don't worry. I think she likes you." Gonzo wiggled his eyebrows conspiratorially at Fozzie.

"um ... good?" ventured Fozzie.

"Of course it's good, Bear Man! She's one hot chicky!"

"She is?"

"Well sure she is. Didn't you see her?"

"Yeah, but Gonzo ... they all look the same. Don't they?"

"Shhhh!" said Gonzo, clamping his hand over his friend's mouth and glancing around hurriedly to make sure the girls had not returned. "Chickens can be very sensitive."

"But really ... you can tell them apart?" asked Fozzie curiously.

"Sure I can."

"And some of them are ... more attractive than others?"

"Of course. It's all in the legs, really."

"Oh. Right. The legs."

Fozzie looked over Gonzo's shoulder and saw the girls returning. As they approached, he glanced at Camilla's legs and then carefully studied Matilda's until she reached the table. He mentally shrugged, hopelessly unable to see anything special. His scrutiny did not escape Matilda's attention, however, and when Fozzie's gaze moved back to the table she batted her eyelashes at him. Camilla clucked something softly, and the two erupted into a fit of giggles. Fozzie stared down at his plate, ears again turning red. He poked his sushi with his fork, and lifted a bite to his mouth. As he was chewing, Gonzo tried to stir up some conversation.

"Hey Fozzie, why don't you tell the girls who you get to work with on the show next week? It's really exciting, ladies. Fozzie's been talking about it for weeks now. Right Foz?"

Fozzie swallowed the partially chewed fish so he could answer, but his nervousness got the better of him yet again, and he choked on the morsel. Unable to breath, he waved his arms wildly. Gonzo quickly realized what was happening, and hurried to save him.

"Don't worry, Fozzie, I'll save you!" he cried as he leapt into action. Gonzo attempted various forms of the Heimlich, but none of them worked. By this time, Fozzie was turning blue, and his frantic waving had slowed noticeably, replaced by a gentle swaying. The girls clucked fearfully, encouraging Gonzo to try again.

"Stand back, ladies!" shouted Gonzo. "I'm going to have to attempt emergency action here. It WILL be dangerous!"

As the chickens backed a few feet away, Gonzo reached inside of his vest to a sewn in pocket and pulled out a small device.

"Good thing I always carry an emergency travel-sized crash helmet," he muttered as he unfolded the gizmo and strapped it to his head.

Gonzo quickly backed into the far corner of the room and grabbed a rolling dessert tray from a nearby waitress. He erupted into a run at top speed, and dove onto the sled with a form that'd make Olympic bobsledders jealous. Gonzo careened into Fozzie head first at top speed, and the impact of helmet on abdomen did just what Gonzo had planned.

"Whoooooof." The sound of a loudly exhaled breath.

"Splat." The sound of a piece of half chewed fish striking Matilda. It stuck to her dress momentarily and then dribbled down to the floor, leaving behind a grey streak.

Fozzie could only stare, mortified. Seconds later he hit the floor with a thump, passing out from a mixture of oxygen deprivation and sheer embarrassment. He came to as Gonzo splashed lemonade in his face. With Gonzo's help, he stood up and got back to the table.

"Where are the girls?" he asked as they took their seats.

"Bathroom," answered Gonzo. "Tilly's cleaning up. Er ... again."

"We should call this off, Gonzo. It's going so terribly."

"No it ... well okay, it is. But that's just because you're trying to hard. Relax. Just be Fozzie, okay? She'll like you, you're a great bear."

"Just be Fozzie? Who else am I being?"

"Wocha, Fozzie. Here come Tilly and Milly."

Just be yourself, Fozzie repeated in his mind as the girls joined them. Be yourself. But what is myself? I'm a comedian, yeah. Jokes, Fozzie. Show them your razor wit. Make them laugh. Give 'em the ole razzle-dazzle.

"Hey, did you hear the one about the anti-protestor? He was against picketing, but he didn't know how to show it!" "Aaah? Aaaaaah?" (Joke chosen in memory of Mitch Hedberg)

Camilla and Gonzo chuckled. Matilda erupted in laughter.

"Baaawk, waaawk waaawk waaawk!"

Fozzie smiled grandly. "Wocka Wocka!"

Matilda froze and gave Fozzie a very cold stare. She stood up from the table with a huff, clucking in anger, and stalked off. Camilla whispered to Gonzo and gave chase.

Once again, Fozzie was mortified and confused.

"Gonzooooo?"

"Wow, sorry about that, Fozzie. Turns out Matilda's really sensitive about her clucking. She's got a bit of a thing, see? Took years of speech therapy trying to fix her 'Bawk.' I don't know if you noticed, but it sounds more like a 'wawk' than a 'bawk.'When you said 'wocka wocka,' she thought you were making fun of her."

"I didn't notice!" Fozzie insisted. "I can't tell the difference anyway! It all sounds like clucking to me!"

"Well that's very kind of you, but you should be telling Tilly, not me. Don't worry, Camilla will straighten it out. I'm sure they'll be back soon."

"I'm not sure I want to keep doing this, Gonzo. I'm just no good at it. I can't even impress a chicken." Fozzie hung his head shamefully. "Not that she isn't a nice chicken," he quickly added.

Gonzo pulled out his cell phone intending to give Camilla a check-in call, and noticed 28 missed calls from the theater phone within the last half an hour.

"Hey Fozzie," he said. "I'll be right back. Someone over at the theater obviously needs to get a hold of me. It looks important. Hey, maybe my new pressure launcher came in! I'll be right back. Hold down the fort if the girls show up, okay?"

Gonzo walked into a quiet section of the restaurant and called the theater.

"Muppet Theaters!"

"Hey Scooter, this is Gonzo. You been trying to call?"

"Oh, Gonzo. Good! Yeah, listen. We've got big problems here. Kermit's on his way over, and he wants everyone to meet him right away. We've gotta script out a Muppet Special in less than 24 hours!"

"A special? Great! I love specials. Kermit always lets me do bigger stunts for those. Maybe I can finally talk him into that bathtub toaster juggling act."

Scooter ignored this and pressed on. "So you've gotta hurry over here, okay?"

"Right. I'm on my way. You want me to bring Fozzie?"

"You mean ... you mean you're with Fozzie?!" Scooter practically shouted.

"Well sure, we're on a double with a couple of cute chickies. He's right over ..."

Gonzo turned to wave at Fozzie, but the table was abandoned.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ohh, poor Fozzie. I just had the feeling the date wouldn't go smoothly. Now where did he run off too? They'd better find him! This is still just such great stuff Mark, I'm really enjoying it!

Java

Reaction score
This is great, keep it up! I'm really loving this so far.

MarkFraggle

Reaction score
Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Kermit took a deep breath and entered the canteen, where was gathered as many of the Muppets as Scooter and Rizzo had been able to track down in the last two hours. It was past midnight at this point, and it looked like everyone was in for a very long weekend.

"Hey gang," said Kermit with as much cheerfulness as he could muster. "I know several of you already have a good idea of what's going on here, but I'd like to recap for those of you who are still in the dark."

The room went dark. Everyone waited patiently for a few seconds, and the lights came back on.

"Sorry," apologized Clueless Morgan. "I couldn't resist." Most of the gang nodded in understanding -- spend enough time in a group like this and you know SOMEBODY has to make those jokes. It's not a matter of if, it's just a matter of who.

Kermit cleared his throat to regain everyone's attention. It didn't work. He tried again, louder.

"What's the matter, Kerm?" inquired Rizzo. "Frog in your throat?"

"Nah, just a throat in the frog,” cracked Waldorf.

"As I was saying," cut in Kermit, "I thought it might be best to recap tonight's events. And we've got less than a day to deal with this, so you should all listen up."

"What happens in a day?" asked Nigel.

"Kermit turns back into a pumpkin?" offered Sal.

"No, no, Sal. You've got the wrong fairy tale," corrected Johnny Fiama. "The carriage turns into a pumpkin. The frog turns into a prince."

"But that ain't because of time constraints, Johnny. We're talking time constraint related jokes here. The frog turns into a prince because of a kiss from a beautiful princess, not because of his time running out."

"So what you're saying," asked Johnny, "is that we need to get Kermit kissed by a beautiful princess before our time runs out? That's a strange reason for Kermit to call a meeting."

"But I..." started Kermit. He got no further than that, however, as Johnny raised his voice to address the room.

"Alright, who here knows a princess? Speak up now, we've got to help out Kermit."

"Look, there's no... " Kermit tried again, but was once again interrupted. Meanwhile, Gonzo slipped in the door and caught Kermit's eye, sadly shaking his head 'no.'

"Um, I do," Robin piped up. "Her name is Melora."

"Could you all quiet down a ... "

"But what about the carriage?" asked a confused Beauregard.

"Quiet, please. Let me ..."

"I think we've still got a carriage in the storage room," said Scooter. "From Bobby Benson's Baby Band."

"Quiet! I said Quiet!"

"No, I think we're talking about a horse-drawn carriage, not a baby carriage," said Nigel.

"QUIIIIIEEEEEEEEET!" screamed Kermit, waving his arms madly in the air. As he huffed and puffed to regain his breath, the entire room finally drew quiet ...

"So, like, I finally told them I wouldn't dance like that, even if it was for charity."

... except, of course, for Janice.

"Thank you," said Kermit with only a hint of frustration left in his voice. "Now as I was saying, we've got a big problem here. After most of us left the theater this evening, Rizzo here got a call from Howie Cashum, the owner of WRLD. The short version of the story is WRLD's ratings are in the tank, and they want a Muppet Special for sweeps season to help out. We've been given one day to get a script in, or else."

"Or else what?" asked Clifford.

"We're not sure," came Rowlf's reply. "But he threatened to cancel the show. And he sure sounded serious."

"So we're doing another Special? Great!" Bean said. There was a general murmur of agreement among the Muppets, who always loved a good excuse to perform.

"So is this a usual 'making a Special,' meeting, then?" asked Sal. "You want us to suggest acts we wanna do? Cause Johnny's been working a real fantastic number. It''ll blow you away."

"Well, yes. And no. There's a small problem," said Kermit quickly, before the gang could start a new discussion.

"How small?"

"Well, WRLD wants a 'Fozzie Spectacular' for this special," Kermit answered.

"That IS a problem," laughed Waldorf.

"Yeah," chimed in Statler. "It'll be the worst special of all time!"

"The problem," Kermit said sharply, "is that we have no idea where Fozzie is. You all know he's been having a tough time lately, and it seems like he's slipped off somewhere to think. At a terribly inopportune time. So what I need from you are the usual sketch ideas AND ideas for what to do about Fozzie."

While the gang started talking amongst themselves, Kermit and Rowlf slipped over to the corner of the room to talk with Gonzo.

"No luck?" asked Kermit.

"Sorry guys," Gonzo answered. "I checked all over, but couldn't figure out where he went. I got Camilla and Matilda still out looking, though."

"So what do we do, guys?"

"Well I think it's pretty obvious, Kermit," replied Rowlf. "You've got to write the show without Fozzie, and hope you can find him before we have to perform it."

"How long til sweeps?" inquired Kermit.

"Three weeks."

"Hm. Three weeks. Yeah, that should work out. Even if it takes us a few days to track him down, we'll still have plenty of time to rehearse. Good thinking, Rowlf."

Kermit walked back to the front of the room, and quietly asked Animal to get everyone's attention for him.

"QUI-ET! QUI-ET!" screamed Animal. It worked marvelously.

"Thanks, Animal. Okay guys, here's what we're going to do. Rowlf told me we've got three weeks until we go live, so we're just going to start the planning without Fozzie. As long as we have the script written by tonight, we'll be okay. Fozzie will just have to work with whatever we give him," Kermit explained.

"It's got to be better than what he comes up with himself," said a chuckling Statler.

"Now let's get busy," continued Kermit. "I'm going to have to write this thing tonight, so I need to know what acts you guys what to do right away. As soon as we can get a list together, I can get writing."

"Kermin! Kermin! I need to speak with jou about this, hokay? I feel very bad for what I did to Fozzie, and I would like to make up for it. To do this, I have come up with a great idea for the special, hokay?" Pepe spoke very excitedly.

"Um, Pepe, don't you think you've done enough for right now?" asked Kermit.

"Just leesen to me, Kermin. Jou will like this, hokay?"

Kermit listened. So did everyone else. And they all agreed it was a great idea.

~~~ Meanwhile ~~~

Miss Piggy was sleeping very restlessly. Her busy day had left her exhausted, and normally she would have fallen right to sleep ... but she was worried about Kermit. She had known her frog long enough to recognize the patterns of his voice, even from over the phone, and she knew Kermit was very worried. What's more, Piggy found -- almost to her surprise -- that she was quite worried about Fozzie, as well.

Piggy, she said firmly to herself, you need to stop this senseless worrying. Kermit will fix things. He always does. He's dealt with much bigger problems than this.

She didn't really believe herself, although she knew she was probably right. The problem was, when it comes to a battle between the mind and the heart, the heart nearly always wins. Finally, Piggy could stand it no longer and her arm shot from under the blankets and grabbed the phone from her nightstand. She sat up and called her agent.

"Gerald? Piggy here. Listen, Moi needs you to postpone the last two commercial shoots ... "

"...yes, Gerald, it's VERY important."

"...Moi doesn't care, tell them anything you need to tell them, just get them to hold on for a while."

"...Look, they’ve already got three of them filmed. That should do 'em for a few weeks. I'll finish the rest as soon as I can."

"...I don't care, Gerald! They can fire me if they have to. This is IMPORTANT."

"Oh, and I need you to meet me at the airport. Moi needs a ticket back home waiting for me in half an hour. Got it? Good."

Piggy hung up the phone and started packing.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
You know what I like about you Mark? You're consistantly great! This was another fabulously wonderfuly Muppety chapter! I loved the traditional Muppet Chaos when Kermit's trying to have his meeting. And this line cracked me up:

"So, like, I finally told them I wouldn't dance like that, even if it was for charity."
For charity! That one's a first I think! Hilarious!

Poor Fozzie, I hope he's all right.

All right, keep it coming, this is great!

Java

Reaction score
First, I was laughing at how the jokes had to be done and it was understood. Then I was becoming uncontrollable at the run away problem they thought Kermit had and I lost all resemblence of being a human and was uncontrolled on the floor when Janice didn't stop speaking.

Finally I composed myself and finished the chapter. Great work. I can't wait for more.

MarkFraggle

Reaction score
Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

Typically, Kermit loved writing Specials. They were more planned and crisp than the regular weekly shows, and they showcased the varied talents of the Muppet gang in a way which reminded all of the world why they loved the Muppets. Although they frequently tested his patience, and occasionally drove him nuts, he loved his friends dearly and relished the heart and energy they devoted to their work.

This night, however, was a different story. To start with, Kermit typically did not pen an entire Special in less than a week, and he had been deadlined with less than one day of writing time for this one. Kermit loved the idea of a Fozzie-centric special and in other circumstances would have thoroughly enjoyed writing this one, but he was too busy worrying about his friend to find any enjoyment in his task. Kermit knew he should be out looking for Fozzie -- the bear needed help and Kermit was one of the very few people who was close enough to truly help him -- but he was the only major writer for the Muppets, and if he failed to get a good script together he would endanger the livelihood of dozens of his friends who depended on him.

Kermit hated decisions like this. Helping people -- making people happy -- was the primary focus of his life, especially when those people were his friends. Kermit would do anything to help his friends, and he hated when decisions came up which required him to abandon a friend no matter what he chose. This time, of course, he had chosen to write the script for two reasons. It was immediate and it involved many people. With luck, Kermit could finish off the script and still have plenty of time to find Fozzie and get him back on his feet.

Kermit sighed and dropped his pencil. He had to admit, Pepe's idea was a good one. The little prawn had done immeasurable damage to Fozzie Bear when he accidentally told the world something he wasn't even supposed to know, but he seemed sincere in his regret. As Kermit massaged his temples with the tips of his fingers he was interrupted by Rowlf.

"Hey Kermit, how goes the writing?"

"Not bad, Rowlf, not bad. I've still got plenty of time. If I can keep myself awake, I'm sure I can get it done. And it's really got a lot of promise. I think it could turn into a really great Special."

"Good, good. But you look pretty rough."

Kermit nodded. He was feeling rougher than Angel Marie looked.

"Yeah, I'm dragging a bit," he admitted.

"Why don't you take a quick breather, then?" ventured Rowlf. "We can go grab a cup of coffee in the canteen -- it's practically abandoned now. Everyone left to get some sleep after we finally came up with enough sketches for you."

"Gee, Rowlf, I don't know. I really should keep working," Kermit replied hesitantly. Coffee did sound rather good at the moment.

"C'mon Kerm. Fifteen minutes. The Chef even cooked up a shoo-fly pie for you before he left. Said he thought you'd need something extra-special to keep you going. At least, I think that's what he said."

"With real flies?" Kermit perked up.

"Yup. Dragonflies, imported from the swamp. Piggy asked your mother to freeze some and send them along last month. It was gonna be for some special dinner she was planning, but we figured this was an emergency."

"Dragonflies?" asked Kermit.

"From the swamp," Rowlf repeated.

"Okay, okay, you win. But only fifteen minutes."

Kermit and Rowlf strolled on down to the canteen. When they arrived, Gonzo was just taking off a fresh pot of coffee. He was the only other person in the room, and Kermit was glad. He loved his busy life, and he couldn't be happier about the ever expanding cast of the Muppets, but he cherished the occasional moment to sit back wit his oldest and best friends. With everyone so busy, the times were few. Granted, the circumstances that night were not ideal, but Kermit was nevertheless glad. With only Rowlf and Gonzo around Kermit could relax a bit and unload his mind.

"Good timing, guys," announced Gonzo happily. "Coffee's ready."

He grabbed a few mugs and met Rowlf and Kermit at a smallish table. As the three sat down, Gonzo poured. They sat in silence for a few moments as they each drank their first cup. It was a good silence; not the awkward silence of people who don't know what to say, but rather the profound and meaningful silence of friends who know they don't need to say anything. After Gonzo poured the second round, they began to converse.

"Kermit," Rowlf started, "Gonzo and I have been talking. We're really worried about Fozzie. I mean, everybody is worried, because everybody loves Fozzie, but ... well ..." Rowlf petered off, unsure of exactly what he was trying to say.

"... but not like we love Fozzie," Gonzo finished for him. It wasn't exactly the best wording, but it captured the general idea. Fozzie Bear was certainly a beloved figure, but very few people could claim to be a close, personal friend of his, and most of those people were in the room at that very moment.

"I know what you mean, guys," Kermit promised. "Most people think of Fozzie as a friend. We think of him as a brother."

"Right. Weird. And sorta scary. But right. Fozzie is family,” agreed Rowlf.

"Can't choose family," Gonzo joked. The other two laughed lightly.

Gonzo sighed. "But I would, you know? I'd choose him. He's more family to me than anyone. Except you guys, of course."

Rowlf nodded in agreement, and Kermit marveled at the moment of sincere emotion from Gonzo. It wasn't often the weirdo spoke without at least some level of silliness.

"I guess family comes in all shapes and sizes," he muttered. This was a lesson Kermit had learned many years ago, but he was always pleased to be reminded.

"So ..." Rowlf continued, "we want to help you find him. Because we all know it is going to take a lot more than just a phone call or a day's looking to turn him up."

"You're probably right," said Kermit. "But I'm not sure how much time I can take off. Even if I get the script written in time, we've still only got three weeks to put the show together. You guys might have to do it without me."

"But we've got no show without Fozzie anyway," said Gonzo.

"Actually, Scooter had an idea about that," said Rowlf. "And speaking of Scooter, I spoke with him before he left. He and Clifford agreed to take charge of rehearsals so Kermit can spend all his time finding Fozzie."

"But what about our parts?" protested Kermit. "We need to rehearse too."

"C'mon, Kermit. You mean to tell me you couldn't do it all improv if you had to? We're old pros at this. We're the best there is. We can go live with nothing but a smile and a song and they've love us."

"Besides, we can practice on the road," said Gonzo. "It'll give me a chance to try out my new travel sized cannon!"

Kermit nodded firmly. "Thanks, guys. You're right. We've got to find Fozzie ... he needs us, and we need him."

Gonzo and Rowlf voiced their agreement.

"Now how about some of that pie?" Kermit asked.

"You can take it to go," said Rowlf. "You've got to get back to writing the script."

"Good point, Rowlf. I'll head on back, and you can drop it off in my office. Maybe with a big glass of milk?" Kermit suggested hopefully.

"You got it."

Kermit returned to his office and got back to work, feeling better than he had all night. He was still worried about Fozzie, but his worry was countered now by a slight feeling of optimism and the promise of an adventure with two of his best friends. He noticed a light blinking on his office phone, and so he hit the answering machine button.

"Hey boss," came the ever cheerful voice of Scooter. "Listen, I had an idea in case Fozzie ... you know. In case we can't find him in time. Sara and I ran past the archives on our way home, and we collected every bit of Muppets ever caught on film. We're pouring through them at warp speed, looking for all of Fozzie's best work. It's gonna take us all night and then some, but we'll get it done for you. That way, if Fozzie doesn't show, you can replace his bits in the special with "The Best of Fozzie Bear" clips. It won't be the same as new stuff, obviously, but it'd probably be enough to satisfy Mr. Cashum and keep us from getting fired. I hope you and Gonzo and Rowlf can track him down. I wish I could go with you guys, but someone has to be here to make sure things run smoothly, right? I'll be thinking about you all. Just leave me a copy of your script in the office, okay?" Scooter's voice trailed off wistfully as the message ended.

Kermit grinned, glad for his ever-helpful and eager friends Scooter and Sara. He was bemused, but not entirely surprised, to know he wouldn't be the only one staying up all night working on the Special.

~~~Some hours later~~~

Kermit dropped his pencil again with a sigh and a smile. He'd finished the script -- a very good script, if he said so himself -- several hours ahead of the deadline. He faxed a copy to Mr. Cashum, made a copy for himself, and left the original sitting on his desk with a note attached for Scooter and Clifford.

I'll go to Rowlf's place first, then we'll pick up Gonzo, Kermit thought to himself as he opened the office door. As it turned out he needed to go to neither place, because his old friends were slumped against the wall on either side of his door, dozing lightly. They both awoke as Kermit pulled the door shut behind him. Gonzo yawned mightily as he stood up and rubbed at bleary eyes, but Rowlf looked wide awake and ready to go.

"Cat nap," he said, as if that explained everything.

"But Rowlf, you're a dog," Kermit pointed out.

"I learned a trick or two from Wanda," Rowlf grinned.

"What'd you teach her in return?" teased Kermit.

Rowlf winked as he replied, "Puppy love."

"Oh brother," Gonzo groaned as Kermit laughed out loud.

"C'mon, you two," said Rowlf. "I got my car waiting out front. We don't want to waste time, do we? Kermit, you can grab a few winks in the back seat. It’s going to be a bit of a drive."

"But we've checked everywhere we could think of," said Kermit. "Muppets have combed the entire town for Fozzie. He's not anywhere around here, and last we heard his car was gone, so he could be ANYWHERE by now. Where are we even going to start looking?"

"Emily's," said Rowlf.

Java

Reaction score
Well, the fan-fic reviewers seem to be sleeping on the job.

First off, this is a wonderful chapter Mark. The chemistry between the core group is spot on. It seemed to flow very easily when I was reading it.

Very glad that Kermit beat the deadline and now off to find Fozzie!

Second- what should we do to get the sleeper's reading like their supposed to again?

MarkFraggle

Reaction score
Good question, Java. I've no idea how to wake 'em up ... I actually haven't managed to get to know really anyone around here yet. I seem to mostly lurk in the fanfic section. And really, you and RedBeth are the only two regular readers on my thread, so as long as you're hear I'm at least at half strength!

*grins*