When Life Gives You Cannons- A Gonzo Story

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
Hi! since iI only have one more chapter in my fanfic, I decided to start a new one, then do another Fraggle one, then as Muppet one, then a Fraggle one...

You get the idea. Don't worry about the length, the next chapter will be longer.

Disclaimer: I do not own the Muppets. I do this for pleasure, not profit.

When Life Gives You Cannons- A Gonzo Story

Chapter 1

The Muppet Boarding House was abuzz with the usual morning activities- monsters taking showers, Beaker recovering from Dr. Honeydew’s Amazing Shrinking Cream- “Meep me me meep!”, Animal shouting, “Breakfast! Breakfast!”- So no one noticed Kermit and the girl in the silver wheelchair make their way to the breakfast table

“So, Melanie,” Kermit smiled, “As the new intern, you might end up doing any number of odd jobs around here-” He stopped as several TNT sticks caught fire and exploded, “Except clean up after Crazy Harry. We have an elevator, so you should be able to get anywhere you need to go The theatre is all one floor, except for the balcony, and we have ways to get you backstage, so you shouldn’t have to worry about that. Any questions?”

“I just wanted to tell you how thrilled I am that you chose me to be the intern. I understand there was a lot of competition.”

“You seemed like the only one who could deal with all the craziness around here-“

Pepe came up to Kermit. “Kermin, Gonzo is up on the roof and he’s got his cannon, okay?”

“I’ve told him a thousand times not to practice up there. He could get hurt!”

”Yeah, but he never listens, he’s thrill-crazy, okay?”

Camilla, who was sitting nearby, began to squawk in agitation, pointing out the window up at the roof. Gonzo was preparing to load himself into the cannon. Melanie looked up at him. With some relief, she noted the parachute strapped to his back.

Camilla, however, was furious. She ran to the door, dragging Kermit with her.

“Sorry, Melanie, we’ll talk later. Gonzo! I’ve told you-“

Melanie sighed and picked up the newspaper sitting on the table. She didn’t want to be Gonzo right now.

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
It has come to my attention that some elements of this fic are similar to another Gonzo fic on the forum. Know that I would never purposely step on anyone’s toes, that it was an accident, not intentional, and that in general, the fic that I am writing and the fic that my first chapter has a lot in common with have very different plotlines. I’ll make sure of that. I recently viewed the other story to make sure I wasn’t accidentally making a duplicate, and I’m not. Sorry for the coincidence. Now, on with chapter 2.

Chapter 2

“Are you sure you want to do this?” asked Rizzo as he watched Gonzo load himself into his cannon. “I thought Kermit told you no more roof diving. I wouldn’t want a skirmish with the boss.” He shuddered. “Two words- rat trap.”

“I’m not a rat. Gosh, could you imagine me with a tail?”

“Hey, don’t criticize the tail,” Rizzo said, knowing by Gonzo’s tone that Gonzo was making fun of his tail.“Oh no.”

“What?”

“Kermit’s out here. He’s got Camilla with him.”

“Gonzo! Get down here right now!”

“Bawk Bawk!”

With a sigh, Gonzo extracted himself from his cannon. “Coming.”

“Why were you up there?” Kermit looked frazzled and annoyed. “I was in the middle of informing the new intern of her responsibilities here, and I get called away to help keep you off the roof!”
“Sorry.

“You could get hurt!”

Gonzo gave an almost imperceptible eye roll. “You say that to a Muppet who has been flattened, self-hypnotized, nearly blown up by Crazy Harry, and shot out of a cannon on a daily basis, all without suffering a scratch. I still don’t get your point.”

Pepe came up to them. “He’s just acting weird because the new intern reminds him of his sister, okay?”

Kermit froze.

“He has over 500 sisters, which one?” asked Gonzo.

Kermit scowled. It’s nothing you need to know about. Gonzo, one more roof dive and you’re fired, got it?”

“Okay…” said Gonzo. Kermit, are you sure you don’t want to tell us-"
But Kermit had already turned and walked away.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Holy smokes! This is the fanfic I have never ever read and reading reading two vonderful chapters, I enjoyed it. Let me tell you that you are doing a great job to keep the Muppets in character and that includes Gonzo :concern:the weirdo we all love and wish that we were like him. LOL!

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
Wow- I'd almost completely forgotten about this one. The good thing about inventing Kermit family ocs is that he has 500 or something brothers and sisters, so you can always invent another one. I'm glad that some people don't update their fics here every single week, because I just might want to resurrect this one too. We'll see.

Misskermie

Reaction score
*uses Frankenstien powers*

It's alive...
ALLLIIIIIVE!?

Wait, it's not?

Girl, you better resurrect it! :stick_out_tongue:

It's a good story!

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
Gosh, you want this that bad????
I'll see what I can do... I've already got 2 stories going on. but I'll see :smile: