"When Love Is Gone" from MCC

muppetsforever

Reaction score
I have a question about the song "When Love Is Gone" from the movie, the Muppet Christmas Carol. When going through the credits at the end of the movie, there is a ( pop rock? ) version of that song. However there is nothing in the credits as to who sung it, wrote it, ect.

If anyone has any information on this it would be most helpful :smile:

muppetsforever

Reaction score
nevermind

well i just found out hte answer to my own question.......

:eek: it's Martina McBride

:excited:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
The version in the credits was sung by Martina McBride. Although the song was written by Paul Williams (as are all the other songs in the movie). Both versions of When Love is Gone appear on the MCC Soundtrack album (which is a hard find now). This recording was ment to be a more the commercial release of the song. And it is a pretty good version of the song too. I'm not 100% sure (I'd have to check) but I think the credits do have a mention to this recording too in the music listings towards the end of the credits.

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
wow, all the songs were written by Paul Williams.
cool! :excited:
thanks gelfingwaldo!
im just excited!

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Yes, Paul Williams wrote the songs for The Muppet Christmas Carol (along with The Muppet Movie, and Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas). Miles Goodman wrote the score (the instrumental parts), based off William's songs, classic Christmas carols, and original stuff too. But Williams teamed up with the Muppets again and wrote the wonderful music for this movie.

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
so he must be really involved with the muppets then.
And he also was a guest star at the live muppet performance at muppetfest.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Yes, Paul loves the Muppets. He also was guest star of one of the episodes of The Muppet Show, and has always supported and enjoyed the Muppets.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
Yes, Paul loves the Muppets. He also was guest star of one of the episodes of The Muppet Show, and has always supported and enjoyed the Muppets.
Not to mention his cameo in The Muppet Movie.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
He sang "Just an Old Fashioned Love Song", right? That's the best version of that song. I love, love, love it. I play the trumpet licks over it all the time.