When Will Lee died in Season 14

SCOOTER_101

Reaction score
I have a serious question for those of you who were watching Sesame Street regulary during the 1982-1983 season (Season 14) Did Will Lee die during the season, or was he on the show right up until the end of that season. I know he died in December of 1982, but I heard that the seasons start taping in the summertime, well they did back then anyways. But can anyone remember if Mr. Hooper stopped showing up sometime during that season and it was just David in the store. Or do you remember seeing Mr. Hooper right up till the very end of that year? I ask this cause I wonder if he died when there was still more episodes to be made that season and they just wrote him out and didn't mention him for the next few months.

Katzi428

Reaction score
SCOOTER_101 said:
I have a serious question for those of you who were watching Sesame Street regulary during the 1982-1983 season (Season 14) Did Will Lee die during the season, or was he on the show right up until the end of that season. I know he died in December of 1982, but I heard that the seasons start taping in the summertime, well they did back then anyways. But can anyone remember if Mr. Hooper stopped showing up sometime during that season and it was just David in the store. Or do you remember seeing Mr. Hooper right up till the very end of that year? I ask this cause I wonder if he died when there was still more episodes to be made that season and they just wrote him out and didn't mention him for the next few months.
My guess (and I'm being serious) is that they just wrote him out of the episodes.They probably just showed David operating the store,and Mr.Hooper's name wasn't mentioned until the famous episode about his death.

(R.I.P. Will Lee/Mr.Hooper ) :frown: