1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

When will Palisades Toys announce later series?

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by mikealan, Sep 18, 2004.

1. mikealan

mikealan New Member

Is Series 10 going to be sold in stores and online in first quarter of 2005? Will there be any new Muppet figures in later series? We need more Muppets like Bobo the Bear, Bean Bunny, Lewis Kazagger, Nurse Piggy, Nurse Janice, Dr. Bob, Muppet Babies characters, the Vet's Hospital playset, and the super-deluxe Muppet Show Theater!
  2. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

We do not know.

There will almost certainly NOT be a Vet's Hospital playset unless the back stage really sells well.
  3. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Hi Mikealan, thought I'd help you out.

Again, let's take things one step at a time.
    As for Muppet Babies, remember that Palisades Toys can only make figures of the six as seen in TMTM. Ken stated that these have already been sculpted and will probably be painted soon. It's just a matter of time as to when they'll take their place in the line.
    The same goes for the three-member Vet's Hospital crew. Already sculpted and will probably painted soon. Just wait till the line gets some forward momentum and they'll be released hopefully next year.
    As for playsets, the future of those depend on the sales of the Backstage playset due for release this November.
    As for the announcement of later series, Ken's taking a "wait and see" approach. Right now, his focus is on S9 and he's not answering any questions that have to deal with speculation further than his current scope.
    He did however say not to worry, that Muppets were on the schedule release radar for 2005.
    Hope this helps, and just keep buying to promote and continue the line's success into the coming year.
  4. homerthegreat

homerthegreat Member

You just listed all the figures that I would be satisfied with. MTI Piggy would be a bonus.
  5. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

MTI Piggy is a must. She was a pretty big character (hahahaha).
  6. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

I would prefer an improved regular or classic Piggy. I love MTI, but I'm not so crazy about having MTI figures. As long as I have classic figs, I'm happy.
  7. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Maybe we'll get another classic Piggy near the end, but there are more important figures to make. EB Piggy really isn't that bad. In fact if you repaint the hair and pump up her eye lids she's down right perfect (minus texture).
  8. homerthegreat

homerthegreat Member

Hey, We can't just have Sam, Rizzo, Gonzo & Kermit. We need Piggy. :)
  9. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Don't forget Polly.

Really, we need even more than that. The cast was so diverse that a few figures doesn't really cut it. Fozzie would be nice and Bunsen and Beaker would be cool. We also need a Clueless Morgan and Mad Monty. A MTI Lew would be very cool. The EM in MTI costumes would rock (hahahahaha). There are so many figures to make that set really feel whole. If anything, there must b more bad guys. What good is a pirate theme without pirates?
  10. Luke

Luke Active Member

That's right Count, but things aren't quite that definite. It's not just a matter of time for something to come out, only really if it's tooled as well as sculpted. Vets Hospital, Sal, Uncle Deadly, Muppet Babies - none of them are tooled or have a place anywhere in the line. Their release really depends on how sales of S9 and sales of anything sold via Palisades Direct. As for the playsets i really doubt there are plans for another one even if backstage does well, Ken has kinda blatently said playsets don't sell and it isn't worth it. Muppets are on the schedule for next year but i think Ken is talking about using that to find a place at Palisades Direct or a web retailer for the untooled figures we know about and a few extras they haven't told us about yet.
  11. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Well yes, but Ken said that would be the extreme route they'd go with if the line truly died at the B&M stores and they had no other recourse but to sell the figures through their own web store. Not rully afraid of it coming to that yet. The EB stores around me have been carrying the line since S1 waaaaaay back when, and I've supported them by buying almost everything there. And since I plan to buy my set of S9, and they keep saying that the figures do indeed sell, I'm not afraid of the line dropping to exclusive web retail just yet.
  12. Luke

Luke Active Member

Well i guess as Ken says "Anything is Possible" so yeah, keeping buying the figures is the main thing!
  13. Beaker & Gonzo

Beaker & Gonzo New Member

Series 9 looks like it should sell very well. The only figure I'm a little worried might not do so great sales-wise is Pops. He's not nearly as popular as Chef and Fozzie, and even Lips has being a Electric Mayhem member going for him. I'd hate see Pops be a poor selling figure like Clifford was.
  14. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

I'm definately getting Pops. He and Chef are the ones I really want, and maybe Lips. But Pops rocks my world.
  15. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

It's funny how people only want a figure they remember, what about the look of it? At any rate, I think ultimately, the line should have been the scale or thereabouts of the mini Muppets...just with articulation, and been $5-$6 each, ala the Hasbro Star Wars line. Oh yes, instead of big clunky figures with varying degress of accurate likeness, we would have gotten uncanny likenesses, figures that dont take up a lot of room or zap to much fromt he wallet, and mountains more characters.
  16. Luke

Luke Active Member

I really like them the size they are actually, kinda like statues. The mini likenesses are ok but its not quite the same.
  17. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Some of the minis are a lot better than the figures, but not all. Kermit is better, but not Gonzo. Beaker would have been better with an actual mouth. I do think a smaller scale would have helped. Rizzo wouldn't be able to have articulation, but we'd have a lot more figures.
  18. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

naw, I like the scale they're at now. How would you get smaller figures in a tiny scale? Muppaphones woulda been the size of peas....sucky. :smirk:
  19. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

In a smaller scale the muppaphones wouldn't have been separate pieces. They would have been sculpted into the stand. And the current ones are oo small anyway. They really should be bigger.

The good thing about a smaller scale would be that playsets wouldn't have to be so dang HUGE!!!! At half the size they could have been half the price and we could still be getting them. But nothing you can do about. Just think, these figures were going to be bigger than they are now. think Kermit was suppose to be a full 5 inches tall. Imagine how big the others would have to be.
  20. Luke

Luke Active Member

It might have worked well in a slightly smaller scale, but not as small as the minis. I guess they could have put them out as two packs or something like AOD. You would never have got such great accessories though and they are really what have made this line just as much as the great likenesses (in most cases).

It would have helped storage space though - my room is full up with cardboard boxes full of Palisades Muppets. It's getting like a warehouse in here - i can only just about see the monitor as i type this. *peers over*