When will Palisades Toys announce later series?

mikealan

Reaction score
Is Series 10 going to be sold in stores and online in first quarter of 2005? Will there be any new Muppet figures in later series? We need more Muppets like Bobo the Bear, Bean Bunny, Lewis Kazagger, Nurse Piggy, Nurse Janice, Dr. Bob, Muppet Babies characters, the Vet's Hospital playset, and the super-deluxe Muppet Show Theater!

WiGgY

Reaction score
We do not know.

There will almost certainly NOT be a Vet's Hospital playset unless the back stage really sells well.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Mikealan, thought I'd help you out.

Again, let's take things one step at a time.
As for Muppet Babies, remember that Palisades Toys can only make figures of the six as seen in TMTM. Ken stated that these have already been sculpted and will probably be painted soon. It's just a matter of time as to when they'll take their place in the line.
The same goes for the three-member Vet's Hospital crew. Already sculpted and will probably painted soon. Just wait till the line gets some forward momentum and they'll be released hopefully next year.
As for playsets, the future of those depend on the sales of the Backstage playset due for release this November.
As for the announcement of later series, Ken's taking a "wait and see" approach. Right now, his focus is on S9 and he's not answering any questions that have to deal with speculation further than his current scope.
He did however say not to worry, that Muppets were on the schedule release radar for 2005.
Hope this helps, and just keep buying to promote and continue the line's success into the coming year.

homerthegreat

Reaction score
mikealan said:
We need more Muppets like Bobo the Bear, Bean Bunny, Lewis Kazagger, Nurse Piggy, Nurse Janice, Dr. Bob, Muppet Babies characters, the Vet's Hospital playset, and the super-deluxe Muppet Show Theater!
You just listed all the figures that I would be satisfied with. MTI Piggy would be a bonus.

WiGgY

Reaction score
MTI Piggy is a must. She was a pretty big character (hahahaha).

Whatever

Reaction score
I would prefer an improved regular or classic Piggy. I love MTI, but I'm not so crazy about having MTI figures. As long as I have classic figs, I'm happy.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Maybe we'll get another classic Piggy near the end, but there are more important figures to make. EB Piggy really isn't that bad. In fact if you repaint the hair and pump up her eye lids she's down right perfect (minus texture).

homerthegreat

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
MTI Piggy is a must. She was a pretty big character (hahahaha).
Hey, We can't just have Sam, Rizzo, Gonzo & Kermit. We need Piggy. :smile:

WiGgY

Reaction score
Don't forget Polly.

Really, we need even more than that. The cast was so diverse that a few figures doesn't really cut it. Fozzie would be nice and Bunsen and Beaker would be cool. We also need a Clueless Morgan and Mad Monty. A MTI Lew would be very cool. The EM in MTI costumes would rock (hahahahaha). There are so many figures to make that set really feel whole. If anything, there must b more bad guys. What good is a pirate theme without pirates?

Luke

Reaction score
The Count said:
As for Muppet Babies, remember that Palisades Toys can only make figures of the six as seen in TMTM. Ken stated that these have already been sculpted and will probably be painted soon. It's just a matter of time as to when they'll take their place in the line.
The same goes for the three-member Vet's Hospital crew. Already sculpted and will probably painted soon. Just wait till the line gets some forward momentum and they'll be released hopefully next year.
As for playsets, the future of those depend on the sales of the Backstage playset due for release this November.
That's right Count, but things aren't quite that definite. It's not just a matter of time for something to come out, only really if it's tooled as well as sculpted. Vets Hospital, Sal, Uncle Deadly, Muppet Babies - none of them are tooled or have a place anywhere in the line. Their release really depends on how sales of S9 and sales of anything sold via Palisades Direct. As for the playsets i really doubt there are plans for another one even if backstage does well, Ken has kinda blatently said playsets don't sell and it isn't worth it. Muppets are on the schedule for next year but i think Ken is talking about using that to find a place at Palisades Direct or a web retailer for the untooled figures we know about and a few extras they haven't told us about yet.