When will the remaining TMS Seasons be on DVD?

Gonzo the 2nd

Reaction score
Hi there,

Any news on whether and when Season 3 may be available on DVD?

I have Seasons 1 and 2 complete collections: any suggestions on what other published DVds I can buy to get some episodes from other seasons?

By the way, how many seasons were there alltogether?

Thanks a bunch...

G2:zany:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... There were a total of 120 episodes of The Muppet Show, spread out in a total of five seasons, twenty-four episodes each. The status of Season 3 onDVD, if any, is still not known at this moment. If you're looking for other episodes or specials, I recommend you ask in the Buy/Sell/Trade section of the forums as there are people there who can help.

David French

Reaction score
Hi... There were a total of 120 episodes of The Muppet Show, spread out in a total of five seasons, twenty-four episodes each.
Technically that is correct, but in reality...

Certainly there were five production blocks, each consisting of 24 episodes each, but in the United Kingdom Season Two actually consisted of 30 episodes, while Season Three consisted of 18.

The remaining seasons will eventually be released, but people are going to have to be patient and wait. TMS isn't the only thing that Disney have in their archives to release on DVD.

David French

Reaction score
Does this mean that they have the Fantastic Miss Piggy Show, Tale of the Bunny Picnic and Hey Cinderella?

Leanne
I've never heard of the second one, but yes their archive will contain those other two specials. Ideally, I think they should be released individually but the problem is that they're somewhat obscure and rarely seen on TV these days and as such might not sell well.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The Tale of the Bunny Picnic was a JHC special that aired around the late 1980's. It stars Bean Bunny and his entire bunny family. This was made around the same time as The Christmas Toy. They were going to be part of a franchise that would have 12 specials, one for every month, but only these two were ever made. Hope this helps, you can get more information by searching for it at Muppet Wiki.

LeanneRivett

Reaction score
The Christmas Toy was released in the UK on DVD but we have never had the Tale of the Bunny Picnic on DVD or Video. Shame, these two JHC specials are one of the best things they did after Fraggle Rock.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... You can always ask some of the more trusted tape traders here at the Buy/Sell/Trade section, like KermiClown or the others.

muppetperson

Reaction score
You can get parts of the other seasons on VHS, such as time life releases and best of the Muppet Show releases.Try ebay also.