When will we be able to get the John Denver and the Muppets Holiday DVD

hsso

Reaction score
Does anyone know when and were one can get the John Denver and the muppets Christmas Holiday DVD. I have been looking for it for years. Apparently other countries have it but we here in the States do not. Why is that and what do we have to do to arange to get it? OK so if anyone knows please let me know. Thanks
:rolleyes: :halo:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
The problem is that Disney dosen't fully own the special, John Denver's estate does.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to Muppet Central hsso. Would recommend you contact the forum member known as KermiClown and ask if he has it in his massive Muppet video library. He probably does, but you should double check first.
Hope this helps and have a good time exploring the rest of the forums.

GroversGal

Reaction score
The problem is that Disney dosen't fully own the special, John Denver's estate does.
That explains a lot.Denver's former business manager,Hal Thau,manages the estate.Go to any google Denver fan group and you'll find it was been a constant source of frustration for the singer's fans that for years Thau has been sitting on a mountain of brilliant archival Denver footage(including all his old 70s tv specials,his program on Alaskan environmentalist Mardy Murie,and his documentaries on space flight & wilderness preservation) and refusing to release them.Each time these programs are due for release Hal always ends up blocking them with some feeble objection.Usually it has to do with his cut of the deal.(This 'business' manager' 'invested' most of JD's estate with Bernie Madoff.What does that tell u?)John made some lovely television as any quick search on Youtube will show you.(hooray for fans with vcrs)Sadly,these programs are deteriorating and may never see the light of day thanks to this former employee who doesn't seem to understand that to keep the interest in Denver's music alive,you need good quality,remastered copies of his performances on sale.All I can suggest is that everyone here emails Thau to make it clear he has to get his finger out and release the stuff already.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
EDIT.

LOL..forget my post just noticed that it is a old thread......

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder how Columbia was able to release Rocky Mountain Holiday back when Columbia had the rights to release Muppet videos.