When you outgrew Sesame Street...

• Thread starter Philo and Gunge
  • Start date

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Let's just say I was severely hooked on the show in the early 1980s.

Hip2BSquare

Reaction score
I'm definitely past the target demographic for SS anymore. But, my 29th birthday is next week and Sesame Street is the theme since it's been so rainy and dreary in my area (I wanted nice bright colors and something that makes me smile like crazy as my birthday theme). Not to get too TMI but, as a child of divorce, some of the only 'secure' things I had left when my parents split were SS or Muppet related. Plus, being a child of divorce made me hate my birthday to an extent as it turned into 'my parents are gonna just scream at each other day'. This is helping me heal as an adult.

Plus, the 'nostalgia era' is in full swing and the makeup brand, Wet&Wild has a Sesame Street makeup collab (I have the Cookie Monster eyeliner from it) and Sally Hansen has a press on nail collab with them too (just got those as well). Sure, maybe the 'learning numbers etc...' things aren't for us anymore but those characters are going to mean the world to me forever. Plus, I think my next tattoo is going to feature The Count.

I have 5 tattoos and counting, aaahh ahh ahhh :batty: