When's the Last Time we had a Celebrity Version?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
After watching the 40 Years DVD set, and seeing they used the celebrity version of "Put Down the Ducky", but not "Monster in the Mirror" got me to thinking... when was the last time we've been treated to a celebrity version of a beloved SST song?

I know for Season 35, they did a celebrity version of "Dance Myself to Sleep" with the likes of Martina McBride, Whoopi Goldberg, Seth Green, Doris Roberts, Harvey Fierstein, Designing Women, Larry King and Dr. Phil among others, but that one was a little unusual, as the celebrity version happened years later, unlike others.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Apparently, "Set your Piggies Free" was the celebrity song.
I'm sure this is it. And by which, they had about 10 seconds of this year's celebrity cameos singing a line. It's very disaappointing, but when you look at how SS's 40th season has been so far, everything's pretty much hit or miss.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Cameron Diaz seemed really self concious about toesies...*said while dashing about the house in bare feet...okay it is FREEZING!*

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The real question is, when's the last time an outside ficticious character appeared in such a montage? I'll say it's when Lamb Chop appeared in The Alphabet Song.

Hmmm, these montages feature every guest star of the season... Maybe Sesame Workshop needs to have a crossover appearance in order to do a good montage. Maybe have the Super Mario Bros. appear in an insert, or Sid the Science Kid, or... Well, I can't think of any good live action characters who can be guest stars. Then again, I don't think The Simpson's have appeared outside of Monster in the Mirror.

Beauregard

Reaction score
What about a Disney character like Kermit the Frog or Miss Piggy? (I jest, I jest)

But seriously, they could get a Disney character to appear...Like Tinkerbell from the new Tinkerbell movies, or, like, Stitch from the Lilo and Stitch tv series or something?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
What about a Disney character like Kermit the Frog or Miss Piggy? (I jest, I jest)
You know, in the recent 40th anniversary book, there are scans from a pitch from Christopher Cerf regarding celebrities he wanted to Put Down the Duckie, and among the ones listed were Kermit and Miss Piggy.

Drtooth

Reaction score
An animated cameo would be great... but really? Who are they going to get if they were even able too? If they want to go to all the trouble of putting a Disney Character in there, I'd rather they just try to make another segment with Kermit the Frog. And Frankly, after The Dark Knight, Batman is out of the question. And there are hardly any other characters out there.

I could see some haggling to get Curious George or Arthur, or someone else from PBS maybe. Or the Mr. Men from the Mr. Men show...Spongebob? Given their history with Nick (or Nick's history against SW) not likely. But they haven't bothered with another licensed character for years. It's too much money they don't have and too much hassle.

Again, for all the bother the licensing would cost, I'd much rather see Kermit.

Reaction score
I liked the 1993 version of "A New Way to Walk," that featured Garth Brooks, John Goodman, Maya Angelou, Rosie O'Donnell, the Neville Brothers, Cheech Martin, Sally Jesse Raphael and others.

I remember watching that special on TV, and my mom said, "Look at Garth two-steppin'." He is also shown doing the robot.