WhenU Save!!! I HATE IT!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Is anyone else getting bombared with these "WhenU Save" pop-ups lately? They're driving me crazy, and besides they shouldn't be popping up, for I have pop-up blocker, and it's switched on! The annoying thing too, these pop-ups keep saying "These are automated pop-ups that have been installed on your PC". Well obviously not, because I've looked through my entire hard-drive, and there's no file named "WhenU Save". Is anyone else getting these annoyinh pop-ups?

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Once you go Mac, you dont go back. Period. For Me anyways..I seldom use PC...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
anythingmuppet said:
Didn't quite work with me, although I did have a little fascination with those iMac's for a while.

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Uh oh Snowth--looks like you got Adware, a kind of virus. It infects your PC with BS..

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I just ran a virus scan, and it found nothing.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Hmm. Try and get a free version of Ad Aware online, it gets rid of stuff like that.

And don't use interneet explorer. Get a different browser. i use firefox myself and it works well (it blocks all popups automatically).

jediX

Reaction score
anythingmuppet said:
Baah, it all depends on whether or not you protect from the bombardment of garbage on the Internet. I use the Firefox browser and in conjunction with Internet Security, I haven't gotten a single unwanted pop-up window, piece of spyware, or virus in three years.:big_grin:

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
jediX said:
Baah, it all depends on whether or not you protect from the bombardment of garbage on the Internet. I use the Firefox browser and in conjunction with Internet Security, I haven't gotten a single unwanted pop-up window, piece of spyware, or virus in three years.:big_grin:
I know, I'm just evil thats all...hee hee hee...:crazy:

Yeah, it all depends on your securrity, like jedix said. But one time my friend wanted to be so secure he put all this free antivirus and firewall software on his computer so badly he couldnt even get online! The antivirus software said that the firewall was blocking the connection and he tried to find the software so he could delete it but he couldnt and had to do a system restore...

jediX

Reaction score
I have that capability, too. [Norton] Internet Security allows you to manually configure what programs can be granted Internet access so that if you have some kind of adware running, you can cut off its access and then successfully destroy it since I've fixed peoples' machines where their adware would simply respawn itself if certain aspects of it were deleted through SpybotS&D od AdAware. Surprisingly, it is pretty easy to go back and reset access privileges in IS in the case of accidental blocking.