Where are the older humans?

Censored

Reaction score
Besides, SW does cater to older fans, just not with the actual show itself: the Old School DVDs were made specifically for us; likewise, SW routinely uploads classic bits on YouTube for us as well. But the show proper itself is specifically for the pre-schoolers, so they're going to have to cater the show based on what their target audience will respond to, whether we like it, agree with it, or not.
Yes, they have entertainment that is strictly either for adults or children. They have the younger actors on camera while the older ones can be heard, but not seen. They seem to be rather obsessed with segregation by age these days.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Unfortunately, kids are more likely to respond to younger people than they are older people, but keep in mind too, once upon a time, the older castmembers were the younger people for previous generations.

Censored

Reaction score
I hate to challenge you on this but, I find that hard to believe.
Doesn't really matter what you believe. Some people here don't seem to have much regard for facts anyway. But, it's true, believe it or not, and there are actually middle aged and (gasp) elderly therapists who are successful with children. Will wonders never cease?

But, now, I will turn it around: How often have you young guys ever actually spent time with the elderly?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Doesn't really matter what you believe.
Well, the fact that that's neither a confirmation or a denial on your part doesn't really work too well into your favor.
Some people here don't seem to have much regard for facts anyway.
Oh good night, why must everything turn into a debate on this forum anymore? "Prove this," "prove that, "no, you prove this," "no, you prove that." This is really becoming a drag.
But, it's true, believe it or not, and there are actually middle aged and (gasp) elderly therapists who are successful with children. Will wonders never cease?
Oh sure, just like there are middle aged and elderly teachers, preachers, doctors, coaches, etc. I mean, I could argue that some of my older teachers were at their wits end having to deal with unruly, rotten kids five days a week, but I'm sure you'd have some sort of a counterargument for that one. Besides, we're not necessarily talking about kids interacting with older people in certain situations like this, but rather, just everyday, social situations, like hanging around in the neighborhood and such.
But, now, I will turn it around: How often have you young guys ever actually spent time with the elderly?
Yes, and in fact, let me tell you a story: when I was in elementary school, one year shortly before Christmas, my class took a field trip to an old folks' home - yes, an old folks' home. Why was that, you ask? To spread holiday (oops, excuse me, sorry, I mean CHRISTMAS) cheers by spending quality time with some of the residents . . . and you know what? Out of all of the kids in our entire class, I was the only one who actually bothered interacting with the elderly lady I was paired with, to the point that I would hug her and converse with her - all the other kids were basically just there.

My previous family doctor was an old codger well into his 80s, and he had been practicing since he was twenty-one, but this isn't quite the same kind of situation, because I was already in my twenties when I started seeing him, and not a little kid.

And of course, there's also the family gathers at the holidays . . . and more often than not, as kids, my cousin and I would usually goof off on our own why the grown-ups sat around and talked about grown-up stuff . . . so, yeah.

Censored

Reaction score
Well, the fact that that's neither a confirmation or a denial on your part doesn't really work too well into your favor.
Jeez...Do you even bother to read the whole things:

"Doesn't really matter what you believe. Some people here don't seem to have much regard for facts anyway. But, it's true, believe it or not..."

Censored

Reaction score
Oh good night, why must everything turn into a debate on this forum anymore? "Prove this," "prove that, "no, you prove this," "no, you prove that." This is really becoming a drag.
Sorry, but statements mean nothing unless there is evidence to back them up, especially when it is a generalizing statement against a whole group of people.