Where are the older humans?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's not the fact that she works at the bike shop and the laundromat, and is a babysitter. It's the fact that there's a stereotype that all Latinos are broke and have to work a bunch of jobs from a young age to make ends meet.
I still fail to see how that's a Latino/Latina stereotype. Half of the people I know who are my age and younger work bunches different jobs, and it has nothing to do with ethnicity or race, the economy and job market is to blame for that. You know it's tough out there when even white girls have to work five or more jobs at the same time to make ends meet, and that's no exaggeration. In Nina's case, they're calling her working multiple jobs and being young at that a stereotype of Latinas? I call it realistic of any young American female.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And because there are more people that have to work more jobs to make ends meet, there's actually less jobs for people to get. Hah. After gentrifying the street, Sesame Street has some dark reality sneaking in. Great. Now there's a dark subtext why Mando and Leela aren't there. They had to move back in with their parents, I guess.

And need I make the obvious reference to Grover and his multiple jobs?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No, but when you bring up Millennials moving back in with their parents (which, again, is apparently what Pat Warburton's new show's about), that'd be a good excuse to bring Miles and Gabi to the show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
No, but when you bring up Millennials moving back in with their parents (which, again, is apparently what Pat Warburton's new show's about), that'd be a good excuse to bring Miles and Gabi to the show.
Ecchh. Bet yah that show is classy. Totally worth not doing The Tick revival he himself was pressing for.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Welp, as the characters on Sesame Street might say, "Asking questions is a good way to find out things. And I did ask a question and I got an answer:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
None of them are returning? Him? Bob? Roscoe Orman? Dr. Loretta Long? None of them? What about Alan? He's been part of Season 46 so far, but I have noticed over the years his appearances have been less and less.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Well this stinks, I hope they're not taking this personally?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
None of them are returning? Him? Bob? Roscoe Orman? Dr. Loretta Long? None of them? What about Alan? He's been part of Season 46 so far, but I have noticed over the years his appearances have been less and less.
The wording is a little unclear. I'm sure that's not what he meant considering we already know that Alan, Nina and Chris are all in Season 47. Plus, Alan's appearances haven't really diminished all that much. He was in 10 episodes last season and 6 episodes this year, which is a good amount considering how many characters they have to cram into the show and how few episodes there are these days.