Where are they now?

Elchippo

Reaction score
Question for those that know:

I'm aware that Smithsonian has a Kermit (I saw it in 1989) and they also had a travelling Oscar/Big Bird because that was SS's 20th anniversary year. I also got to see the taxi from MTM (or GMC I can't rmemeber now) when I last visited Disney World MGM Studios in Feb. 1999.

But, where in the world (specifically the US) might there be displays of real Muppets? Museums, exhibits, anything. I've seen on this site mention of many temporary exhibits or displays that have since been taken down. (Kemrit's birthplace, etc.) Are there any now that Disney has ownership?

So, where might a person find Muppet dispalys these days (as of March 2006)? Classic, Fraggles, Sesame-anything. I wouldn't mind making a pilgimage if its a reasonable driving distance from Central Illinois

muppetperson

Reaction score
So has the Kermit's Birthplace exhibit in Missisippi closed?I sent a letter to the Chamber of Commerce but never got a reply.Didnt know if the Floods claimed it?

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

This is the exact same thread I was going to start today. After seeing Fozzie at Stratford Bear Museum in UK, I was wandering if any other Muppets were on display anywhere in the world. Is there a Muppets thing at the TV and Radio Exhibit in NY?? I am coming to NY in November, anyone got any tips on where to look for Muppets or Merchandise?

Chris

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
A few years ago, the Museum of Civilization in Hull, Quebec had an exhibit of Canadian children's television shows. Among the displays were two Fraggles(I think it was Mokey and Red). And above the entrance was a prop plane with Basil, Louie & Dodie(from Canadian Sesame Street).

Unfortunately, the exhibit was only there a few months. I don't know if it was a travelling exhibit or not.

Elchippo

Reaction score
Maybe I should revise my first post. I don't know if the Kermit's birthplace display is gone, but I know that the Dr. Teeth and Swedish Chef puppets were taken back by the JHC at some point and replaced by Kermit. Thats what I meant. Sorry!

muppetperson

Reaction score
Does anybody know if Kermit's Birthplace exhibit is still going after the rain and wind from Hurricane Katrina?

superboober

Reaction score
For a time, I saw the University of Maryland had several early Muppets, including THE original Kermit. :smile: