Where Are They Now?

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
WOW! I didn't expect one person to do all that much research! You're awesome! :smile:

Thanks for that. It's more than I knew before.

I wonder about those characters from Nickelodeon, too. I forgot about them. What was the other show with the puppet of the old security guard and the mouse, that had the one guy who came to life from being a mannequin?
I LOVED that show, that's Today's Special! They had a handful of puppets too. It was produced in Canada, so I'm guessing somewhere up there.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Thanks for the sights sesameguy! Yeah, I heard her daughter does a really good Lamb chop! Aw.. I think it's cute that her grandson is sleeping with her puppet.

Love today's special by the way!

Erine81981

Reaction score
Does she do Charlie Horse and Hush Puppy or what? I know she preformes Lamb Chop but i'm wondering if Charlie or Hush Puppy show up in any of her shows?

SSLFan

Reaction score
No, she only does Lamb chop I think.

So are Charlie Horse and Hush Puppy still being performed by someone else or what? I would hate it if they went into some type of "retirement.":stick_out_tongue:

sesameguy

Reaction score
I have a little update here. A fellow named Benjamin Wagner is working on a documentary about Fred Rogers. He recently visited the Children's Museum of Pittsburgh, and in a blog posting he confirms that the Mister Rogers puppets are on display there. He writes:

The Museum has been home to "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood" exhibit since 1998. Developed in partnership with FCI, it replicates the show's set -- it's all there: King Friday's castle, X the Owl's tree -- but in a hands-on way. Kids can be on or behind the camera, drive trolley, put on their own puppet show, or play Mister Rogers' piano.

Picture Picture's there too. We watched a video on the making of the exhibit narrated by David Newell. There was Mister Rogers wearing an overcoat and glasses, standing next to Bill Isler and smiling.

Mister Rogers' spirit was everywhere. And smiling.

Still -- and I've felt this way numerous times throughout the making of this film -- his absence was palpable too.

Puppets from The Land of Make Believe stood in glass cases in the hallway next to the exhibit. And while it was exciting and even moving to see the real Daniel Striped Tiger and King Friday, it made me sad to see them staring back at me all glassy-eyed, lifeless and dusty.

I miss Mister Rogers, and often wish he was here to help Chris and me.

You can read the complete blog posting here:

http://mrrogersandme.blogspot.com/2007/11/mister-rogers-danny-me.html

You can read about Ben's meeting with Mister Rogers here:

http://www.benjaminwagner.com/news/mrrogers.html

Now we need somebody in Chicago to visit the historical society and see if the Kukla and Ollie puppets are on display! :smile: