Where can I get original SS footage?

eeaddio

Reaction score
WANTED: SS episodes 1975-1983 $$$

Hi! I'm new to this forum...please excuse my ignorance. I am in awe when I read the depth of knowledge here about Sesame Street. I grew up watching Sesame Street (born in '75)...and I don't know if it's because I'm turning 30, or because my 1 year old daughter is now watching Elmo's World...but I have this insatiable desire to see those old original episodes. I'm not looking for anything in particular...just a variety of episodes from the 70's and early 80's. I'm afraid I don't have anything to trade, just tapes and $. Let me know if you can help me.

PiLfan

Reaction score
i'm also new...was wondering the same thing.

think i've seen on here where you can get clips of the classic numbers and letters skits with "Learning About Letters" and "Learning About Numbers"...though i'm not sure if these are DVDs, CDs, games, tapes, or if they're even for general sale....help, anyone?

i've also read on here a number of references to something called "Noggin", which seems to be a place to get a lot of classic SS episodes....though again i'm not sure what Noggin is...i'm guessing it's a specially provided cable channel of some kind?...i dunno, i've never heard of it before....does anyone have general information on what Noggin is or how to get access to it? thx

ssetta

Reaction score
It's a digital cable channel that DID ONCE HAVE something called Sesame Street Unpaved, which was a series of 67 episodes of SS from 1969-1989. You don't have to bother checking for it now, because it's long-gone. :cry:

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
ssetta said:
It's a digital cable channel that DID ONCE HAVE something called Sesame Street Unpaved, which was a series of 67 episodes of SS from 1969-1989. You don't have to bother checking for it now, because it's long-gone. :cry:
*silence*

Hear that? That's the sound of no one caring! :big_grin:

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
PiLfan said:
i'm also new...was wondering the same thing.

think i've seen on here where you can get clips of the classic numbers and letters skits with "Learning About Letters" and "Learning About Numbers"...though i'm not sure if these are DVDs, CDs, games, tapes, or if they're even for general sale....help, anyone?

They're DVD's. Check amazon.com

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
I heard that Sesame Channel will debut on digital cable in the fall of this year. Hopefully classic episodes of "Sesame Street" will be shown as possible.

Dantecat

Reaction score
And the episodes on demand should also arrive this spring! :wink: