Where can I get the materials??

TheBigBadWolf

Reaction score
Hello there good people of the Muppet kingdom...

I have decided that its time that I try my hand at puppet building.

Now im all cool with the how to and what not, my issue is that I live in the UK and im having trouble finding anywhere that sells Reticulated foam. Now it could be that I could use other sorts of foam. But from what I understand its a great foam to use as its less dense which will make it a lot easier to bend etc????

So basically im after a couple of things.

1 - does anyone know of a supplier of Reticultaed foam in the uk?

2 - In your opinon do you think there are other foams out there that will do the job??

3 - Im sorry if this question has been answered like a million time already.

Thanks All.

Just looking forward to buliding now.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Whenever I've used Foam (and that's not very often), I've used the blue colored foam.

Welcome fellow Londoner to the world of Puppet Building!

TheBigBadWolf

Reaction score
Hello there Warrick.

Its always good to know there are fellow londeners around...

So you create your puppets out of Styrafoam then????

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
I've tried. I work better with just fleeces and then I fill the areas that need filling (stomach, head etc)

Where in London are you?

TheBigBadWolf

Reaction score
Ok then, i see where your going dude.
As for where about in London, i have a small confession, its just outside in Maidstone. Its just easier to say London on these forums....
Please do not think bad of me......LOL

So how long have you been building puppets for???
Is it just in your spare time????

mundy

Reaction score
Check shops for upholsterers, theres a foam shop up here in Glasgow funnily enough called the Foam Store thats where I'll be getting mine

TheBigBadWolf

Reaction score
thanks Mundy,
ive been in a fair few down by where i live, and i havent found a thing as of yet...
I will keep on looking though. Does the place your talking about have a website do you know????

mundy

Reaction score
They have a website here the-foam-centre co uk just add the ws and the dots between them (sorry but the forum wouldn't allow me to post the url) but it states they only do polyurethane foam but I think they may do reticulated foam as well, they sell sheets as well as blocks of foam, hope this is of some help

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
Whenever I need scott/reticulated foam I've always used Pentonville Rubber Co, on Pentonville Road, about five minutes walk from Kings Cross Station, N. London.

TheBigBadWolf

Reaction score
Why thank you mundy thats a great help indeed. im checking out there site now, to see what I can get.:rolleyes: :concern: :embarrassed: