Where do all puppets, costumes and props get stored?

muppetguy

Reaction score
I know I'm not the only one to think about this. But...where do all the wonderful beautiful costumes, puppets and props get stored from past muppet films. They were all Henson, but did Disney require them aquire them after buying the Muppet brand, and do they store them, or is it something the Henson Co keeps? Like, the pink dress that Piggy wore in the TGMC or any of the outfits that were made for specific films? Are they on display anywhere, are there any pictures of these things other than still shots from the films? Any info would be fabulous! Thanks!:wink:

SeanC

Reaction score
There was a great book released back in the 90s called 'The Star Wars Archives' which featured hundreds of photos of all the props, costumes and creatures used in the original 'Star Wars' trilogy. I would absolutely LOVE it if someone were to publish a similar book dedicated to The Muppets. They need to let a photographer into the Henson warehouse and take as many pics as he wants - all the characters from multiple angles. Hey, I'll do it! :smile:
In the absense of such a book, I find that the old annuals are wonderful for nice photos of the characters, both popular and obscure.

muppetguy

Reaction score
There was a great book released back in the 90s called 'The Star Wars Archives' which featured hundreds of photos of all the props, costumes and creatures used in the original 'Star Wars' trilogy. I would absolutely LOVE it if someone were to publish a similar book dedicated to The Muppets. They need to let a photographer into the Henson warehouse and take as many pics as he wants - all the characters from multiple angles. Hey, I'll do it! :smile:
In the absense of such a book, I find that the old annuals are wonderful for nice photos of the characters, both popular and obscure.
This would be an AWESOME thing to have. I'm sure we won't get it as the amount of star wars fans to muppet fans is a very wide gap between. I'll have to look into those old annuals. Thanks for the info.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I know I'm not the only one to think about this. But...where do all the wonderful beautiful costumes, puppets and props get stored from past muppet films. They were all Henson, but did Disney require them aquire them after buying the Muppet brand, and do they store them, or is it something the Henson Co keeps? Like, the pink dress that Piggy wore in the TGMC or any of the outfits that were made for specific films? Are they on display anywhere, are there any pictures of these things other than still shots from the films? Any info would be fabulous! Thanks!:wink:
They are kept in a Disney Warehouse outside of LA.I dont think Disney are that keen to keep the props, hence the selloff after Muppets Wizard of Oz.

SeanC

Reaction score
I'll have to look into those old annuals. Thanks for the info.
The first two are the best and regularly turn up on Ebay for less than $5. Well worth getting hold of. The good thing is that they were pretty sturdy, so even after 30 years a lot of them are still in fairly good shape.