1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Where do they keep the real Muppet puppets?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by a_Mickey_Muppet, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Pug Lover

Pug Lover New Member

I'm with you christyb.I would have loved to have had some real muppets to play with as a child.Not the pale thick plastic puppet imitations from Matel.
  2. pennyring

pennyring New Member

When we saw them at Disneyland, they were being toted around in these awesome black cases. It was like... a big black box... really ancient looking... you just knew the holy grail was inside. The boxes were maybe 2 1/2 feet long, 8 inches wide, by 8 inches high with a handle on top. There were metal protector thingies on the corners, also painted black. The boxes looked like they'd been around forever and definitely held a treasure. I'd guess they're kept at the Studios when not in use. :shrugs:
  3. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Yes when transporting and moving the puppets they go in some heavy duty cases to protect them, they are not always the nicest on the outside, but they do the job. It would be a shame if something were to damage them in trasport to a location, set, or event.
  4. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Right, first thing to get. Black-box-lid-flip-up-instant-opener from MuppetLabs.
  5. christyb

christyb New Member

And don't forget the Rubber Ducky filled with invisibility spray.
  6. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Numero uno... They make hundreds of these things, there's not just one of every character, espescially the big guns like GelflingWaldo pointed out. I read somewhere that in MIS they made and used SEVEN Kermits! So seeing as there is an actual Creature Shop on the Disney World premises, there are probably a few of the real Muppet puppets there (Location A).

Numero dos... dose? Ever read or see the book: "Jim Henson; The Works"? I used to think the puppets were elaborately displayed in bullet-proof glass cases with trip wire and lasers guarding them. But then I saw in said book, a picture of how they store the SS Muppets at their studio. They keep them loosley placed in (are you ready for this?) ... A FILING CABINET!!! There was Cookie, just hanging out of a filing cabinet drawer marked "Cookie Monster". Below him were some birds (puppet ones mind you) and a closed drawer that was marked "Vegetables". So, they are stored on location at the set of Sesame Street (Location B).

Numero tres... Finally, the people at Henson are wonderful people, honestly. I went to their website (www.henson.com) and found their contact info. I wrote and e-mailed them many times, saying "Love your work", "Keep up the legacy", "I have a suggestion", "What is Scooter" etc. etc. (okay, not the Scooter thing), and every time, they in some way, shape or form responded to me. Not always thorough answers and responses ("Thank you for the compliment", "We will always honor Jim's legacy", "Thank you for your suggestion, we'll consider it", "What the h*** do you mean 'what is Scooter?"), but a notable and kind effort. HOWEVER, I ask them about 'what's a guy gotta' do to get a real Muppet puppet'... no response (A guy can ask, can't he?) So what's the big secret? What magnificent mass of maniacal Muppet magic are men manifessting behind mosed moors, I mean; closed doors? I think the money pot is at the NY location on 627 Broadway (Location C).

Let's roll
  7. christyb

christyb New Member

I think we're gonna need a bus to carry everything in. I'm with you Vic let's go! LoL
  8. Banjo Matt

Banjo Matt New Member

No need.....right now we can see this.....Disney let it flew away....Rizzo For Real!!!!
    Anyway, if you'll be able to made the raid, please leave me something (Zeke from the jugband or a 1st season gonzo) :) :rolleyes: . (Just sarcasm!)
    See ya,
    Matteo.
  9. Beauregard

That is not real. I'm pretty sure of it.

Anyway, so if we could get some really good magnets, we could just attract the filing cabanets right out through the walls, no?
  10. christyb

christyb New Member

Hmmm...good idea. But first I call dibs on a kermit and a gonzo. maybe there's some way we could make them just go through the walls you know like a ghost??
  11. Beauregard

Yeah, but first we have to kidnap the Ghost of Christmas Present puppet by other means then we can.

(And may I have Beau, Robin, and one of the Piggys?)
  12. christyb

christyb New Member

Hmm...I didn't think of her.

*looks around room and says

Anyone know how to contact the Ghost of Christmas Past... Anybody?
    Oh well.
  13. Beauregard

Present, I said, Present. He's a he, not a she. He walks through walls. She dosn't.

"Ghost, what are you doing in my stocking? And why are you wrapped up with a bow in your hair?"

"I'm the ghost of christmas present."

Bea:zany:{So, yes, I know that isn't in the film...}regard
  14. christyb

christyb New Member

Oops my bad. For a movie I have memorized that's a terrible mistake. I'm so embarrased :o .
  15. Uncle deadly

Uncle deadly New Member

soo the raid, who has the wax lips?!
  16. christyb

christyb New Member

Let me see...

*digs in bag

Nope I don't have them.
  17. Uncle deadly

Uncle deadly New Member

awww man..so can i have floyd, crazy harry and rowlf?
  18. christyb

christyb New Member

I do have the disguises though.

*holds up a pair of those goofy glasses with the noses and mustaches

Oh yeah along with a Gonzo and Kermit, I'm gonna be a little selfish and claim an Animal too.
  19. Beauregard

So long as I get Baby Animal *Ahhh, ain't he cute* I'll be ok with that.

Oooh, I've got the paper towels.
  20. christyb

christyb New Member

You can have Baby Animal. Oh yeah I have some hot mustard too. (I'm having way too much fun with this.)